• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

A rather odd "BOLT" will be available shortly

I would like a pair as well. Thanks.
  2. R

Need to clutch when activating overdrive?

Here is what John Esposito of Quantum Mechanics thinks. His shop built my Tr overdrive. https://www.quantumechanics.com/
  3. R

Copper flare washers for leaky brake lines

I've seen the HVAC guys use them and one made of plastic on the lines for leaking split systems . I didn't think about brake lines.
  4. R

Slow gas drip from metering jet?

When the o rings on my Strombergs leaked I called Joe Curto. I sent him a S.S. envelope and for a few bucks he mailed me some vitron o rings. Worth a try. Rick
  5. R

CD Stromberg T piece

Just looking at the tee I didn’t think I could fit clamps for the tee and nipple next to each other. I’m interested in what you think.
  6. R

CD Stromberg T piece

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this issue. This morning I was at Joe Curto's shop. He had the metal Jag tee from Moss that Kevin referenced. It doesn't look like it's possible to cut that tee and fit it between the carb nipples with a piece of hose and 2 clamps. He is going to look at...
  7. R

CD Stromberg T piece

Mike, I'm sure you're correct. I was very careful to cut into the nuts & ferrules just enough to split them. But that damage was underneath and it leaked. I called Joe Curto to ask about replacing the shafts and he didn't think there was enough material there to drill and tap. It's interesting...
  8. R

CD Stromberg T piece

Mike, both the compression nuts on the run of the tee dripped. They wouldn’t tighten anymore so l split the nuts & ferrules & removed them from the shafts. The shafts had some scoring. I installed new nuts, ferrules and wrapped the ferrules in the yellow (gas compatible) Teflon tape. There is...
  9. R

CD Stromberg T piece

This is the arrangement that worked for years. Until it didn’t. Thanks Mike. Rick
  10. R

CD Stromberg T piece

Yes. Those nipples are 1/4.” 1/4 fuel hose fits.
  11. R

CD Stromberg T piece

I’m also trying to fix a leaking tee between my Strombergs. I finally ground off the compression nuts and ferrules thinking I’ll replace them. The end of the nipples from the carbs are only 5/16” apart. Does anyone know if the moss jag tee can be trimmed to fit? Thanks. Rick
  12. R

Christmas Present for Alpine Owner

I did laugh at the tow rope idea. AAA offers different levels of towing coverage. Up to 200miles 1x per year. I've use mine several times over the years.
  13. R

Stromberg Viton O rings

Joe Curto mailed me some about a year ago. He charged $3.00 Rick
  14. R

Drain Plug Threads

I found a BSP thread drain plug at a truck supply auto parts shop.
  15. R

Won't Idle Properly

When I had my strombergs rebuilt the car ran poorly after I reinstalled them. I looked for a vacuum leak spraying every joint. I tried a hose on the end of a propane torch and still couldn't find a leak. I doubled up the manifold gaskets still no good. I took the manifold to a machine shop where...
  16. R

How many Sunbeams do you own?

Two. When I went to buy some parts for my SV all I did was ask, "Hey what's under that tarp over there?" Rick
  17. R

Alpine Spotted in Movie (I think)

Slightly off topic but my local garage just gave me this calendar
  18. R

Bonnet cable repair

John Twist has a You Tube video where he repairs a choke cable.
  19. R

Blue Alpine on Nancy Drew

If you enjoy watching shows with LBCs. Modern Love Season 2 Episode 1 "on a Serpentine Road With the Top Down" features a Triumph Stag. Nice story as well.
  20. R

Show off your Sunbeam

Wow. Really nice looking cars. These weekend drivers '63 & 66 are works in progress.