• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. alpine_64

Series II and series V V6 Sunbeam project cars - straight - rust free- Frenchtown, NJ

As the title says some sunbeam projects for sale and some parts Series II stock with hardtop. Series V roller with V6 engine to install. Set of late series guards front and rears Located in Frenchtown, NJ Further details and photos in the thread link below...
  2. alpine_64

The missing conversion

So.... Been thinking .. Rootes shoehorned the V8 into the alpine... Tiger.. Later they tried in a sceptre... I've seen people take the tunnels and Tigerise Hillman Husky vans, Hillman minx station wagons, Hillman minx... But has anyone seen an audux bodied Sunbeam Rapier get the tiger treatment?
  3. alpine_64

Happy 60th birthday to me late model 63 series II

While it's birthday has passed as series 3 production had started by July 1963. My first and forever Alpine is 60 this year.. Happy birthday to it... And hopper to drive it soon. Photos from 1996 to 2015
  4. alpine_64

Series I/II windscreen tonneau stud specifications

After a long search I finally got a NOS early series tonneau covers. I need to install the clip ins into the screen frame at the A post ...anyone know the size, thread , depth?
  5. alpine_64

Saved login

Did the site settings change? Since this morning i have to login each time, the site seems to not be allowing the autocomplete anymore and the address has the warning for unsecured site.
  6. alpine_64

Automotive adhesives

So, many car manufacturers now use specific automotive glues to bond structural components. Often different glues depending on the area of the car and structural loads. Im wondering if anyone has considered using these as a " value add" when restoring their cars. The factory for example...
  7. alpine_64

Series I/II Alpine hardtop B post rubbers

Does anyone know of anyone is reproducing the rubbers that go under the triangular mounting brackets the bolts secure through to the B post on the early series hardtops?
  8. alpine_64

1592cc core block wanted - Australia

Im looking for a core 1592 for a build. Anything considered up to .060 over. Location on east coast of Australia or south Australia.
  9. alpine_64

3000RW bare block for sale

The remains of the bottom end of 3000RW the 61 lemans IOTE winning harrington are for sale. Crazy price for a part only useful to 1 car. Wonder if the "client" was the one who bought and flipped the rebodied sebring harrington ( ex Bob Avery)...
  10. alpine_64

Sunbeam rapier fastback video

Seems the boys in NZ have decided to up the spec on their rapier:
  11. alpine_64

New site header

Notice the site has a new header. Smart looking sv with minilites and headrest seats ( boo!) Nice car who does it belong to?
  12. alpine_64

Happy 20th anniversary to my Alpine 17/11/2016

Today marks the 20th anniversary with my series II alpine, it's hard to believe that this day 20 year's ago I was preparing for my final high school exam and spent an alarming amount of time starring at my new found pride and joy. In the intervening years we have have had many adventures and...
  13. alpine_64

Happy birthday S-Man

Jim stone.... Happy birthday!!
  14. alpine_64

Happy birthday jerry

Jerry, Happy birthday, hopefully you get some quality time with one of your many sunbeams, sunbeam projects or other automotive endeavours!
  15. alpine_64

Series II Alpine at Monterey

This alpine just sold at the Monterey historic: https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-272212/1962-sunbeam-alpine-roadster/ Anyone know the car?
  16. alpine_64

Happy birthday to Beijing ken

Ken, Hope you're having a great birthday and back home working on the v6 conversion.
  17. alpine_64

Ex Avery Harrington for auction

The UK owner of the ex Bob Avery Harrington is putting it up for auction. It had appeared for sale with a huge asking price early last year at a UK dealer. The car underwent further work after returning to the UK to bring it closer to its specification that of the original Sebring racer. The...
  18. alpine_64

Sunbeam Tiger aerial footage

Sunbeam tiger mkia drive by footage from a drone, The drone is a DJI Phantom 3, it can do 35mph horizontally and vertically at 13mph. We only discovered after that we could put the controller in the car and it would chase it... Oh well another time. That said it was a windy day and we...
  19. alpine_64

Wheel nut torque specs

Browsing the owners manual and workshop manuals I can't find the torque spec on the wheels ( not wires) Does anyone have the spec???
  20. alpine_64

Has anyone heard from Bill Atalla lately?

Has anyone heard from Bill Atalla lately? Not seen him around in a bit .