• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 65sunbeam

Tiger TAC inspections will be done at the Invasion April 5+6 2024

TAC inspections for Tigers will be held at the Invasion! It took awhile to get the required 3 inspectors but it will take place at the Invasion. Please PM me if you want to be placed on the list or have any questions. Thank you.
  2. 65sunbeam

Gauging interest for the Invasion at the Mad Dogs and Englishmen show in Michigan July 12-14

https://gilmorecarmuseum.org/events/mad-dogs-englishmen-2024 I am trying to line up a host hotel for this event so I need some idea of how many members will be attending and need a hotel for this weekend. This is a chance for all our Mid West members to participate in an all Sunbeam weekend...
  3. 65sunbeam

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

Time to get these started again! Remember-all Gold, Platinum, and Diamond sponsoring members get a calendar each year. Please send your photos to us at membership@sunbeamalpine.org and perhaps it will be in next year's calendar! Here is the calendar cover. That is Michael Carter's Alpine...
  4. 65sunbeam

TE/AE United 41 August 15-18, 2024 West Lebanon, New Hampshire

Come join us for a great all Sunbeam weekend. For SAOCA members who live in the NE and are a long way from our Invasions, here is your chance to gather with other enthusiasts. All Rootes cars in any condition are welcome! More details to follow but make your hotel reservations first. Our host...
  5. 65sunbeam

DATE CHANGE! April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

There was a schedule conflict for the organizer of the Scottish games so our Invasion will be on April 5+6th. Hotel info and car registration will be posted soon.
  6. 65sunbeam

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

This year Sunbeam will be the featured marque for this British car show as it is the Tiger's 60th anniversary! There will be a Tiger class, Alpine class, and a Rare Rootes class (Hillmans, Imps, Harringtons, Humbers, etc. ). The event registration form and more Invasion info will be posted soon...
  7. 65sunbeam

Charleston British car show Oct 21st, 2023

What a great day for a show! Lousy weather the day before may have kept some folks away but 4 Sunbeams made it to the show with around 100 other British cars. We were parked up under some trees loaded with Spanish moss and plenty of shade as well. Here are a few photos. Dan R had to leave...
  8. 65sunbeam

Now there are 3 Invasions for 2024!

Just added to this thread https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/save-these-dates-3-invasions-for-2024.32297/ Now our Midwest owners can join in on the fun! Get those Sunbeams ready for next year. And anyone who attends all three of them gets a special award too.....
  9. 65sunbeam

Save these dates-3 Invasions for 2024!

April 5-6 2024-These are the dates for the Columbia, SC Invasion. July 12-14 2024-These are the dates for the Mad Dogs and Englishmen British car show at the Gilmore Museum. Last year there were 9 Rootes cars there. Next year we plan on invading this show with many more Sunbeams, Hillmans, and...
  10. 65sunbeam

Rare Rootes Shooting Brake Estate Wagon article

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/lost-found-84 Anyone have any info?
  11. 65sunbeam

July 9th, Mad Dogs and Englishmen British car show features Rootes cars as Rare Gems at the Glimore Museum, Michigan

I thought this had been posted before but it was not. I hope you can go to this event. Around 400+ British cars attend and this year they feature all Rootes cars. The museums there are just full of rare and interesting cars and motorcycles too. Well worth a visit even without a Sunbeam! Car...
  12. 65sunbeam

2023 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

This thread is where the car owner whose car is featured each month gets to tell us the rest of the story! Our January calendar feature car belongs to member Silver Creek Sunbeam.
  13. 65sunbeam

2023 Calendar Status

I have been getting everything ready to mail out. COVID has hit our family for over a week now including me. I am starting to feel better and will get everything done and mailed soon. Thank you for being patient. Eric
  14. 65sunbeam

Save the date! Sunbeam Invasion/BASH Columbia, SC Mar 31-Apr 2 2023

Come join all of your Sunbeam friends at our Sunbeam Invasion/BASH! No Kilt required but wearing one at the adjacent Scottish Games lets you fit in.... We had 30 Sunbeams attend for the weekend and show last year. More info here https://bccmc.com/ Stay tuned into this forum for updates...
  15. 65sunbeam

Last chance to support your club and get a calendar, decal, magnets, etc

For those that see the constant DONATION TIME under your user name on the forum now is the time to donate to your club. For this next week I will come up with the final count of supporting members who will be getting the various items mailed to them later this year and then everything will be...
  16. 65sunbeam

All the best to our Florida friends!

Ian is coming ashore and so I hope everyone there stays safe or got out of town. Best of luck to you all.
  17. 65sunbeam

If you see a "You don't have permission to post here" notice.....

Recently several non supporting members (Donation Time)have tried to post cars and parts for sale in other sections of the forum and wondered why when they tried to post in the For Sale sections they were not allowed. And then wondered why their ads were deleted. As per club policy to post cars...
  18. 65sunbeam

So what do you get for becoming a Diamond member?

I just mailed out 3 Diamond membership packages to our newest Diamond members- Gocartgo, jarhead78, and daveland607. Here is a photo of what they each will receive- A 2022 calendar, grill badge, several letters, two club logos, leather club key fob, plastic club key fob. Thanks for your support...
  19. 65sunbeam

Good news at Walmart today!

I don't go there often but sure was glad to see this today-my favorite oil is finally back with a high zinc compound. At $22.50 for the 5 quart jug it is much cheaper than the Valvoline VR-1 racing oil I have been using too.
  20. 65sunbeam

Jim Ellis' last project car is now with his son Ben

I arranged for a friend to trailer Jim E’s Nissan 300ZX to Ben in Ohio. I met with my friend in the photo last Tuesday and we got the car loaded without too much trouble. Jim had put a Chevy turbo V8 in it (or he may have bought it that way) but he never finished fettling it. I hope to get a...