• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Lester

No spark!

Hi all, Been a while since I've posted. It's been a busy summer. Now, I'm not getting any spark in my S3. It just cranks and cranks. I was wondering if any of you have the Crane cams XR700 electronic ignition. It was put in by a PO. The light on it no longer comes on. I did reverse...
  2. Lester

Differential leak?

I noticed today that the differential was dark and moist on a large area. Are leaks common, and if so, where? Also, what are the preferred fluids for the rear end, and transmission?
  3. Lester

Flooding?!

Hello all, I know I'm probably using up more than my share of bandwidth here, but I hope this will be a quick one. I'm getting real close to my maiden voyage. My car was not so far gone when I got it, so I decided to get it going quickly (1 year) and enjoy it a bit before I really tear into...
  4. Lester

Another Brake question:

For those who helped me with my brake questions a few months ago, I am back at it. I re-threaded my Wilwood Master Cylinder .700 (I got excited, and cross-threaded it). I put it on today, it fit like a glove. Here's where I need some help: I know the line is tight, it doesn't leak. I flared...
  5. Lester

Floor repairs

Alright, I know what needs to be done with my floor. I need to strip the car, have it dipped, and cut out the entire floor, weld in a new one, etc., etc... What about in the meantime? I just want to buy a couple more years. I have stripped my interior. The seat rails are not very soundly...
  6. Lester

dual webers?

I'll go out on my non-mechanic limb and ask something which might be insane... I see a picture of an old 4cyl nissan engine with a dual, 2 barrel weber setup. I am thinking, if one weber is better than 2 zeniths, what about 2 webers? And what about adapting them to the stock zenith...
  7. Lester

Interior Pics

I'd love to see pics of your interiors, especially SIII GT's. My SIII ST is in need of a new interior and I am looking for inspiration. Any pics, from purist original to severely modified would be appreciated. Thanks, Lester mattrlester@gmail.com
  8. Lester

ok. wish list...

I need and/or would like: a SIII windscreen seat foams (esp bottoms) a weber type manifold an ammeter (not sure what type as I plan to update electrical system) I realize I can find all if this easily from SS, but my budget is quite limited at the moment, and I am just getting...
  9. Lester

Maiden Voyage! (down the driveway)

Well, I drove my S3, for the first time ever, even if it was down a gravel driveway. There were no brakes, and I thought it smart to stay off the roads. It was definitely a kodak moment. I have so many questions, but for now, I'll keep it to the most important. A previous owner, changed to a...