• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. v13311

Windshield

Has anyone purchased a new Series, III, IV, or V windshield lately. If so, where ? and cost? Please.
  2. v13311

team.net

It looks like the Alpine archives are back up at team.net. Postings all the way back to 2000. Loads of information.
  3. v13311

Series V Ammeter wanted

Looking for a working +35-0--35 red needle Lucas ammeter. Mine bit the dust. Need to fill that hole. Already have a voltmeter located in a different spot. I know that SS sells them. Hoping for a better price than they list theirs for. Ed Erikson Kent, WA
  4. v13311

Series V rear axle bearing wanted

I am looking for a good Series V rear axle bearing - the one with the built-in seal. Our usual suppliers are out of them and they are back ordered - with no idea went they will be re-stocked. If you can help, reply to Ed at v13311@yahoo.com
  5. v13311

Rick McCleod

Just reported on the Team.net site under "tigers". Rick McCleod, owner of Sunbeam Specialties in California, has suffered a heart attack and is in the hospital. Check team.net for updates.
  6. v13311

Wanted one chrome bit

Wanted one chrome bit for my Series V Members, I need one driver's side (left side) chrome finisher (cap) that fits just behind the door and where the left arm of the soft top fits into. (I believe it is called the "B" post finisher) Mine cracked and is super-glued but will break again. If...
  7. v13311

Nice SV for sale

I know this car and its late owner. Very nice. http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4432998766.html (no relation or interest) Ed
  8. v13311

Incredible pricing!

Makes me consider in stripping my car and sell it for parts! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-Original-NOS-Lucas-Dashboard-Warning-Lights-/301016142864
  9. v13311

Suni VI F.Y.I.

http://www.sunivi.com/
  10. v13311

Love This!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PNMHQltThs
  11. v13311

Replacement Clock Question

My 2 3/8" clock has had it and it maybe too expensive to fix. Advice on replacement? Has a quartz conversion satisfied/dissatified anyone? Anyone attempted to fit the Autometer 2 5/8" Sport Comp. How does it look in your dash? So far, it looks to me the most like our stock clocks? What did...
  12. v13311

Sunvisor Fix?

I have been having trouble with one of my sunvisors. It just does not want to stay up. I have looked closely at the metal rods that fit into the brackets and they do not move (turn) when the visor decends down. I have tried to use various sticky materials on the metal rods that slip into their...
  13. v13311

SV Driver's side seat wanted

I am in need of a Series V driver's side seat frame. I do not need the tracks that connect to the floor. The ratcheting mechanism for lowering the seat back must be in good shape with all hardware (screws and spring(s), including handle). If you have one of these and would be willing to sell...
  14. v13311

Tech Tip - Leaking Rear Axle Seals

This tip came from Budd Bennion, membership chair of the Pacific Tiger Club, Seattle, WA. He felt that the Alpine world would appreciate this info. TECH TIP – Leaking rear axle seals - Alpine / Hillman I started seeing grease showing up on my 1960 Hillman Husky rear wheel obviously...
  15. v13311

VB Windshields

I have just received my "winter special" catalog from VB and I see that they are selling windshields for $129 + $20 oversize fee. This seems like a good deal. My question: Those of you who have installed VB windshields - Have you been satisfied with the quality of the glass? Would you do it...
  16. v13311

Overdrive question

Guys, will an an overdrive from a Series II bolt up to a Series V transmission? Thanks, Ed
  17. v13311

Sunbeam Alpine on the cover of Newsweek!

Well, on the inside of the back cover, at least. Check it out. A red Series V at speed in this week's (May 4) issue.:)
  18. v13311

Oil Cooler lines and hardware anyone?

I seem to be leaking oil from my oil cooler lines at the oil filter adapter. The leak is at the compression fitting on the hose side of the line. New lines do not seem to be available at either SS or CS. May I ask what any of you have done when replacing these lines? The Moss MGB catalog...
  19. v13311

Heater Core Question

Does anyone know if the heater core for an MG fits an Alpine? The Moss catalog shows one that looks very similiar (they call it a radiator) - maybe an exact match to the Alpine. Moss and the Roadster Factory sell theirs for about $80 to $90. (According to the catalogs I have) SS wants about...
  20. v13311

Striker Plate,Back Plate, and 2 Screws

I hope someone at the Invasion (or someone else) has these items for my driver's side door on my Series V. Thanks, Ed 31512122