• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. chris

Series-five 2.8 V6 conversion for sale

Unfortunately, the economy has caught up with me, and I find myself needing to sell my restored Series-five 2.8 litter V6 conversion (Jose’s kit). Paint code 86 (forest green) with wire wheels, car cover, and removable hardtop, Holly four-barrel carburetor, and A4LD overdrive transmission...
  2. chris

Roll Bar

New Autopower Roll Bar, fits Tiger & SV Alpine, great condition never installed. Comes with all mounting hardware and installation directions. $300.00 plus shipping Contact Chris for more details.
  3. chris

Delhi CA

I saw on Craig’s List that there are two Alpines for sale in Delhi CA. One is a 63 and the other is a 67. They both appear to be in rough shape, but the 63 looks like it has a good hardtop. I live close, so if someone is interested let me know and I’ll take a closer look. They are asking...
  4. chris

Travel car cover?

I’m looking for a car cover that I can keep on the car while towing on a flatbed trailer. I’d like something that will be secure and protect from weather and dirt without damaging the paint. Does anyone know if such a cover is made for this application?
  5. chris

Bad reading

When I start my V6 Alpine the temp gauge goes straight to around 105 Celsius. This problem has only been occurring for about a month. I know it can’t heat up that much in two seconds and there is no sign of over heating when I drive it. I'm guessing it’s the gauge but haven’t ruled out...
  6. chris

Radiator Cap

I have a radiator cap rated at 18 LBS on my V6 conversion. The other day my brother told me that the proper cap for the Alpine radiator is a 16 LBS cap. I don’t know how he remembered that but according the book at NAPA he was right. Am I in danger of doing damage to the radiator by allowing...
  7. chris

VB Car covers

Has anyone bought one of the Universal fit car covers from Victoria British? If so, how well did it fit and were you happy with the quality? Thank
  8. chris

Shocks of V6 conversion

I was wondering, what kind and brand of shocks would be best for a Series Five V6 conversion? I’m not looking for anything made for racing or auto cross, just something that will give a nice ride and not break the bank. Sizes and or part numbers would be a big help. Thanks
  9. chris

United British Show

The United British Sports Car Club of Sacramento has scheduled their annual show for May 17th this year. Like last year, the show will be held at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in Woodland California. This is a big show which usually brings out 300 plus British cars. This year marks their 20th...
  10. chris

OD hole cap

I’m looking for the rubber cap that covers the hole where the over drive leaver would be, if the car had an over drive, on a series five Alpine. If you have one that you are willing to part with, please email me. Thanks Chris Ckempx2@sbcglobal.net
  11. chris

Roll Bar, Carpet and the Battery Box?

I’m thinking of installing a roll bar in my SV and was wondering how others have dealt with access to the battery box. The cleanest way I can think of wound to be cut a hole in the carpet and have someone do some sewing to keep the carpet from coming apart. Short of doing that, I’d have to...
  12. chris

Clovis Roundup update (October 2008)

As Bill posted a couple of months back the 2008 Clovis British Car Roundup is scheduled for October 11 & 12 (Car show on Sunday the 12th). I check the other day and found that we still don't have enough Sunbeam's for our own trophy class. Time is running out for Pre-registration. I hope to...
  13. chris

Speedo Cable (new)

New still in the bag SV speedo cable for sale, $18.00 plus shipping.
  14. chris

V6 gas mileage

I was wondering what kind of gas mileage people are getting with their 2.8 conversions. If my estimates are correct, I’m getting about 18.5 miles to the gallon. I'm running a Holy 390, Offy manifold and A4LD trans. I'm guessing those using the T5 trans are getting a little better.
  15. chris

Sv wire wheel hubs

Does anyone know of a supplier for wire wheel hubs?
  16. chris

Tiger ID

I'm going to look at a Tiger next week and was hoping some of you Tiger guys could let me know what to look for so I don't end up with an Alger. What is the best tell tail sign that the cars is actually a Tiger and not a good fake? And what number range should I be looking for on the I.D. tag...
  17. chris

Photo gallery problem

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a problem with the photo gallery. Twice now I've tried to load a photo of an Alpine I found the other day. I named the caption sad find. Every time I've tried to load the photo, I've gotten an error message, and an already existing photo...
  18. chris

Wood steering wheel

My wife thinks a wood steering wheel would be a nice finishing touch on my SV, so my search is on.
  19. chris

Car show follow up

Yesterday the 19th Annual United British Car Show was held for the first time at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in Woodland California. Out of the over two hundred British cars in attendance, only seven Sunbeams turned out, five Alpines & two Tigers. Because there were not enough Tigers to make up...
  20. chris

Plastic Restoration

Does anyone know of a product to use when trying to bring out the color in old plastic parts? My steering wheel and a couple of other plastic parts have faded over the last forty years. While they are still in good working order they look their age. Thanks