• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bkasl

Cubby Box Door

Has anybody made a hinged door to fit cubby boxes? I know the UK Alpine channel has a video describing, curious if any are made in qty to purchsse
  2. bkasl

Car pics with 14” wheels

Would appreciate any Alpine side car pics with 14” wheel/tire combo Thanks
  3. bkasl

13” VTO Classic 8 Spoke Wheels

Gauging interest for selling 9 of the above wheels in excellent condition in the event we swap both Alpines to 14” wheels PM me for pics etc or bpkasl@gmail.com Thanks
  4. bkasl

Tire Recommendations 13”

I knew my Yokohama Avid Touring tires were old, either made in 2001 or 2008, hard to locate, but read tires should be replaced around 10 years of manufacture, despite how good the look, No checking or noticeable wear but need to be safe for touring. Any users of Kuhmo 13” tires? Getting hard to...
  5. bkasl

3.7 diff

How difficult to source in US?
  6. bkasl

Telescoping Antenna

Any recommendations on use of a telescoping radio antenna mounted front left where fixed mount was on a S2?
  7. bkasl

S5 Front Ride Height

Rebuilt front suspension including Monroe Gas Matic blue shocks, maintained original coil springs now front end appears too high, gap between top of tire and fender wheel well 3” which is more than I recalled. I was under the impression coils determine ride height, not shocks? If I need to...
  8. bkasl

Hardtop Rear Seal

I have been using the prototype S2 hard top rear seal to body from SS for many years, seems thin. Any ideas of other seals that can be affixed to this to make for a quieter, anti rattle sound? Was thinking of a 3/4-1" foam adhered one side against rubber seal, maybe other ideas have been used?
  9. bkasl

Gear reduction starter

Will install on S2 soon, already have one on S5 years’ ago but can’t find purchase history or model. Who is recommended supplier for this application? Thanks
  10. bkasl

Creaking Steering Wheel S5

Creaks when turning left or right, not at the steering box or steering linkage, just behind the horn button and maybe the sound is transferring from dash but appears to be at steering wheel hub Without removing yet, are there bushings in that area that require replacement from wear or regrease?
  11. bkasl

Under Hood Sound Deadoning

Noticed the latest video from the UK Sunbeam Channel on rotors and the car being worked on had aftermarket sound deadoning material under the hood. Reminded me of a project I did back in the 70's and why I removed it. Any other owners have this added for sound/heat? Brand? How attached? Thanks
  12. bkasl

Overdrive Warning Light Ideas

Not to take up space removing gauges and instruments, looking for ideas on where to mount a warning light to show when OD is engaged. Photos appreciated Email available if easier Thanks
  13. bkasl

S5 Block and Crank for sale

Both in excellent condition and very clean Block B395007530 LRX, produced June 20-24 1966, one of 316 With crank caps and bolts Crank not ground Both for $350 pm me at bpkasl@gmail.com Lincoln NE
  14. bkasl

Block-crank cost

I have a very good 1725 block and crank that I had planned on dropping into my S2 at sometime. The torque difference driving our S5 and S2 is noticeable in a positive way, but it’s a project not to happen. Crank may be stock not oversized, block might be +.010 without measuring, both completely...
  15. bkasl

White Needle New Voltmeter for sale

We have duplicates, originally to be used on our S2, new, PM me at bpkasl@gmail.com for pics, replacing our ammeter, scale reads 8-16
  16. bkasl

Red Needle New Voltmeter for sale

To be used on our S5 with red/orange needle, we have duplicates so need to sell one, scale reads 8-16, replacing ammeter Asking $20 + $5 shipping PM me at bpkasl@gmail.com for pics
  17. bkasl

S5 front shocks

Need to replace the 32067 stamped shocks on car now, probably blue Monroe. Don’t need adjustable, is their a like size that will fit for touring use, no auto cross?
  18. bkasl

S2 Anti Rattle Shims

For a 61 Alpine front disc brakes, also called steady springs, pm bpkasl@gmail.com
  19. bkasl

Tool Roll Location

With some help pictures were located on the correct placement of the tool rolls on a S2 and S5, however it is unclear on how the rolls were attached to the body in these locations. Any help appreciated or better pictures will tell the story Thanks
  20. bkasl

Clear Hooter Horn Rebuild

Don’t see or can’t find a definitive article on how to rebuild these low note high note horns. Adjustment screw makes no difference, good ground, 12v. Any shop or member rebuild these?