• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpine Bob

Series IV For Sale

I'm selling my 1964 Series IV Carnival Red Alpine. Only because of health reasons. > Condition : Very good > Exterior : Carnival Red color # 39 > Interior : Black w/Red piping Red carpets > Transmission : 4 speed with overdrive > Weber Carburetor Conversion > Restored to original with a Jim...
  2. Alpine Bob

Headlight bezel

I was driving down the Interstate last Saturday and ZAP something out of the corner of my eye went flying off the Series IV. After I got to the start of the Cruise someone said "when did you lose your Headlight bezel?" After spending about 2 hours driving down the shoulder of I-75 with no avail...
  3. Alpine Bob

1962 Alpine Series II

Condition:Very Good Exterior:Sea Crest Green Interior:White/Green Transmission:Manual 4 speed full synchro with Overdrive Weber Carburetor Conversion Restored to original with 5 Dayton wire wheels Engine recently serviced, runs and drives great Good paint, white factory hard top, new white soft...
  4. Alpine Bob

Euro Fest

Who's going to the Euro Fest? We are leaving on Friday from Warner Robins, GA, bringing both cars, maybe.:confused:
  5. Alpine Bob

Caravan to Columbia, SC

Anyone interest in Caravaning to Columbia? We are leaving Middle Georgia Friday morning, on back roads to Interstate 20, thru Augusta and on to Columbia. If anyone wants to meet up let me know and if you want to stay off I-20 I'm flexible. We are driving one Alpine and trailering one. (safety...
  6. Alpine Bob

Center Grill Bracket for IV & V

My center grill bracket has broken, the black oval that the chrome emblem and grill bars mount to, both tabs have broken. Anyone have an extra? :(
  7. Alpine Bob

Caravan to "The Invasion" in Minnesota

:confused:I know it's still a long way off, but has anyone in the South/East made any plans to go to the Invasion in Minnesota. This is an open question so we could plan meeting places along the way. We will be coming from Middle Georgia and would like to meet up with others for the trip.
  8. Alpine Bob

Latest Gallery Photo

:confused: When I'm viewing the photos in the gallery it gives me this ststement "Sorry, your account does not have access to post comments." Why is this, what do I have to do to be able to post coments?
  9. Alpine Bob

Checking the oil in my OD Transmission

I know where the hole in the transmission tunnel, I can see the plug, I can see how to take the plug out. But how do I check the oil level? Do I stick my finger down the hole till I feel the oil or lack of oil?:confused:
  10. Alpine Bob

Overdrive Relay Wiring

I have a Series IV with OD non-synchro transmission, and the OD switch is just an off/on. I have since purchased a self cancelling OD switch. My question is: in order to use the self cancelling switch I have been told that I would have to rewire the relay. How would I do that? In other...
  11. Alpine Bob

Pasword???

What password are you looking for when I go to the "Rants and...." . I tried my login one but it didn't work. Do you assign one?:confused:
  12. Alpine Bob

Seat Frames, Series 3, IV, & V

I have several later seats. I'm trying to pair them up and get one good set, but I don't know the differences between them. I believe the 3s and the IVs are the same and the Vs are different. Tigers come in the mix somewhere too.:confused:
  13. Alpine Bob

What do I have?

:confused:When I bought my 69 Fastback GT it came with a spare engine with a iron head, single carb with a blue sheet metal valve cover. The number stamped on it is "B339002773 LCX". Any one out there know what I have???:confused:
  14. Alpine Bob

British Motorcar Day @ Berry College-Rome

Anyone going to the British Motorcar Day at Berry College this weekend? We are going up Friday, coming home Sunday. Let's get a whole bunch of Sunbeams out there. Remember the last year the show was at Chateau Elon we had 48 cars, even though we were the featured marque that year. Let's get...
  15. Alpine Bob

Hard Top/Soft Top

I'm in the need of the hard/soft top latches, but I've run into a delima. I ordered a set for a Series II, but was told that he only has them for the Series 3 thru V and Tigers, this suprised me as I thought they were all the same. What is the difference between them?:confused:
  16. Alpine Bob

Houston We Have A Problem

:mad:There are 3 posts by Bobstiff6 which are not appropriate for this web site, Scott or one of our administrators needs to get these off post haste!
  17. Alpine Bob

Caravan to Columbia, SC

Hey Georgia Gang, Anyone want to caravan to the SOS and the British Car Show in Columbia? Judy and I will be each driving our Alpines. We can meet at I-20 exit 130 (Greensboro) state Hwy 44. We will be leaving Friday morning October 3rd. Will figure what time later.
  18. Alpine Bob

Caravan to the Invasion 2008

Just checking to see how many are ready or about to be ready or are working feverlishly to get ready for our caravan to Tipp City Labor Day weekend. I'm waiting for a new distributor cap and an accelarator pump for the Weber. Other than that, I'm ready to go. Hotel reservations are in place...
  19. Alpine Bob

Old Chapter-Atlanta Area

How do I get the sub title set up under "SAOCA Regional Chapter News" for "Atlanta Area Chapter" ? Like Southern Ohio, Pacific Coast, Upper Mid West, and now Dallas/Ft Worth. We feel left out.:) Thanks, Alpine Bob Berghult
  20. Alpine Bob

ATLANTA Area Chapter - Bob Berghult, President

Things have been slow down here for a while, but with the help of other members I think things will pick up a bit. A get together is planned for April 26th, more information will be coming as soon as possible. Alpine Bob