• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 61Alpine

61 Sunbeam Alpine v6 Conversion

I have a 1961 Sunbeam Alpine That has been converted to a V6 with a T5 Transmission. I used the kit from V6 Jose. This is the second Alpine I have converted. Car is Painted, Engine in, Transmission in. Ford 8" Rear Diff with Disk Brakes. Painless Performance Wiring Harness (90% Complete)...
  2. 61Alpine

Door Glass Help

I had to replace the door glass in my series 1. when I installed the glass in the metal channel at the bottom I got the channel to far forward. Is there a way to loosen that up so that I can slide it back about 3/8 of an inch.
  3. 61Alpine

Series I. Front Cross Member

Fully assembled, just as it came out from under the car. Series I Front cross member. $150 You would probably need to pick it up in Utah.
  4. 61Alpine

Series 1 Windshield

My Series 1 Alpine has a major stress fracture in the windshield. I have been looking for a replacement but have not found one yet. Does anyone know where I can locate a Series 1 Windshield. Thanks,
  5. 61Alpine

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

I am in need of a decent pair of seats for my alpine. I am okay reupholstering them. What I need a good structure to start with. If you know of a good pair of seats from another British Car I might consider those also. Thanks 61Alpine
  6. 61Alpine

Dash Holes

I am putting my Series I together. I put my 6 gauges in and 4 switches in. I still have the clock hole and 2 holes slightly larger than the switches and 2 smaller (not signal lights) but about the same size. Any thoughts on what to fill them with. Anyone have a working or...
  7. 61Alpine

Custom E Brake

I am to the point where I am installing items back on my car. Today I realized that my Alpine E Brake does not ratchet. Has anyone done a custom E Brake and can you give me sources and photos. Thanks. My car is a 2.8 conversion with a Ford 8" with custom Disc brakes.
  8. 61Alpine

I need a small Battery

In my V6 project, I am looking to place the battery on the drivers side just left of the gas tank. (series I). I need a side post battery that is only 6" tall. Anyone know what battery I should be looking for?
  9. 61Alpine

Repairing the Cubby Surround

I am talking about that arched plastic piece that surrounds the cubby box. Mine in broken in half. I'm thinking I could glue it with epoxy or JB Weld. My thinking is that if I completely fill the cavity in the back that would support and hopefully stabilize the whole thing. What product...
  10. 61Alpine

Correct Heater core

I am in the process of assembling my Series I. Tonight I plumbed in my heater core. When I tried to put the lid (hood latch holder) it didn't want to fit down tight. Sits up about 1/4". There are some little leg like things on the lid. I'm thinking I need to cut those off. Anyone hone photos...
  11. 61Alpine

Bolts and thread pitch

Putting a Series I together from several different cars. Don't have or know all of the correct bolts etc. Does anyone know the correct screws that hold the windshield frame together? Second, does anyone know what the thread is on the gas tank where the gas line attaches. Thanks.
  12. 61Alpine

WTB Windshield Frame. Series I

The windshield frame on my car is not in good shape. Does anyone have a really good condition frame they want to sell. Hate to put mine on my freshly painted car.
  13. 61Alpine

Windshield Frame

I am about to the point of putting new glass into my windshield frame. This is a series I car. The frame is not pristine. Looks to be pot metal. I have been told by the local chrome shop that they don't chrome pot metal. How do I get a good finish on the frame? Is there someplace that...
  14. 61Alpine

Al Mason

Does anyone have an email for Al Mason from I think Georgia. He almost always seems to have the parts I need.
  15. 61Alpine

Series I Fuel Tank Sending Unit

I need a Fuel Level sending unit for the Series I Alpine. Contact me at Alpine61@comcast.net Thanks. RSWiser
  16. 61Alpine

Series I Front end

I have a front end from a Series I Alpine for sale. Includes: Crossmember Springs A-arms Rotors Brake calipers Complete mechanical front end. It has been sitting in my garage for 5+ years on a pallet ready to ship. $100 plus shipping.
  17. 61Alpine

Finally Back to Work on my V6 Project

I has been a long time since I did any work on my #2 V6 Alpine project. I did all the body work and turned it over to a guy who was going to paint it for me. Well that didn't happen. So I picked it up and took it to a friend who just finished the paint job. Tried to post pics but it seems...
  18. 61Alpine

Series I Brake Parts

Building my second V6 Alpine and I need the Remote Brake Fluid can and bracket. Anyone got one they don't need. I just got my car back from the painter. I'll put up some photos tomorrow. Rob
  19. 61Alpine

Can't get full Throttle

I have a V6 with the original Holley 5200 2Barrel Carb. I have a Lokar throttle cable. Runs to a bracket on the front of the engine and pulls the throttle. I have had my engine out to fix a leaking Tilton slave. Done. Clutch is good. I think. While adjusting everything we noticed that I...
  20. 61Alpine

V6 Electrical Issues

I recently had to pull my engine to fix a leak in the internal clutch slave. Got everything put back together and tried to start. Cranked over like a champ. But would not start. Determine I had no spark. Replaced coil last night. Turned key, fired right up. Let it run for about 1 minute...