• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

help with harmonic balancer?

Hi Everyone, wonder if anyone can help with a vibration issue....getting a lot of vibration on start-up and increasing revs....once up to speed everything is nice and smooth...so im thinking its either the engine mounts have gone hard and need replacing or its the harmonic balancer that's not...
  2. D

xxxiv invasion logo....hmmmm

hey eric, being an air force brat.....that invasion logo looks suspiciously like a sac base / squadron logo.....just jagging ya ...... david
  3. D

steering box leak

Hello everyone, I currently have a leak in my steering box on a series 5 Alpine. I searched the archives for a fix and saw that someone said just fill it with lithium grease. is this the way to go? thanks , david
  4. D

harmonic balancer needs replacing?

how can I tell, or what would be an indication that I need to replace the harmonic dampener on my series5 1725cc....im getting vibration at higher revs, yet all is running fine with the engine....or could it be engine mounts that are hardened? any ideas? david
  5. D

tire date code information?

trying to figure out when these tires were made... Michelin xzx fte5 - dot - a4mx342 anyone want to take a stab at it? im thinking 34th week of 92?....2002/ before anyone gets whipped into a lather im planning on replacing them...but id like to knoe the age thanks, david
  6. D

series 5 parted out-hard to find parts available

I recently purchased a completely parted out series 5 . i have virtually every part off the car as well as many parts from another garage parts purchase . If you are looking for a particular part i will be at the te/ae united meet in st.michaels ,md on friday, october 11th. I will be set up...
  7. D

any help with engine number?

came across an engine the other day and was told it was for a sunbeam alpine..specifically a series 5...but i have my doubts...i thought engine and chassis numbers were the same...anyone have any idea stamped on the side of the block were the following numbers: 1980959 wmo-23991/1 if...
  8. D

oil and filter change?

hello everyone, just getting ready to do an oil and filter change on a series5 i bought thats been laid up for along time. got the right filter and five quarts of oil and it looks like any other oil change ive done on many other cars. my question is i read an article that said there is a...
  9. D

what alpine is this trans for?

hi everyone, have a trans that i got with a pile of parts...not sure what series its for..somone thought it was for a 69 alpine or rapier, another said read the serial number, but it appears that the last number is very hard to read..anyone have any ideas...see attached photos david
  10. D

series v hardtop

Hello all, i have a factory hardtop and many other sunbeam parts in original boxes that came with my purchase of a 67 series 5. im considering selling the hardtop and would like to get a relative value for one of these. it is in original black paint, and all metal trim and rubber trim is like...
  11. D

Wanted s4 or 5 alpine

Hello members, I am looking to purchase a s4 or5 alpine for my collection. Having had 3 alpines in the past I am familiar with the marque and their values. I'm hoping to purchase a car that has been restored or is in excellent condition. Service history and or restoration documentation...