• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Castrol compatability

I can't seem to find Castrol brake fluid in my area. Just wondering what other fluid is compatible with Castrol LMA fluid.
  2. G

Weber conversion

I have a late 67 Alpine that I am converting to a Weber DGV. The manifold I got from Classic Sunbeam has two aprox. 7/16 holes taped into it. My old intake had a 5/8 hole on top where the brake booster hose was attached. How do other owners hook up this hose. The attached picture shows the...
  3. G

distributor

I have a late series V ( Nov 1967 ) With a Lucas 23D4 distributor marked 40819 K . What car is this out of. I think that they were put in some Mini's, but I don't know why I have one in my Alpine. Do I do anything different about the timing?
  4. G

car trailors

Just curious if anyone has had a problem loading an Alpine on a Penske car Trailer due to clearance problems. I am relocating from Illinois to Florida and need to tow my SV to a warmer climate. Thanks Geoff
  5. G

hot parts

What would cause the warning light simulator to become very hot? After my SV runs for a few minutes you can't hardly touch the simulator. I have unpluged the brown and black, and the brown and yellow wires and I realize that I have disabled the ignition light by doing this. Have I affected...
  6. G

Ignition help

I have been bringing a 67 S5 back to life and have encountered an ignition problem. When the car is running and I turn on headlights or turn signals the engine stops. I then have to wait for several minutes before I can even get the ignition light to come and restart the car. Is this a...
  7. G

Albuquerque

Just wondering if there are any forum members in Albuquerque. It's always nice to touch base with other British car owners. Geoff
  8. G

original spare

Recently aquired a 67 Alpine with what appears to be an original spare. It is a Goodyear 600/13 whitewall. The other tires are obscure. Two Seberling 200 a78/13's and two Montgomery Wards glass track A78/13's. Needless to say the car has been sitting for a while. Too bad the whitewalls are no...
  9. G

US imports

Just curious if anyone can tell me how many Alpines were imported into the US. I have seen a production total of 69,251, but no breakdown on how many came here. Thanks Geoff