• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

V6 flywheel

Summit racing has what looks like the correct clutch/ pressure plate kit for the mustang II. Part number Ram 88398. $351.00
  2. D

V6 flywheel

Also centerforce clutch does make a 9.5 inch 1 1/16" 10 tooth disc. About $110.
  3. D

V6 flywheel

I have 4 mustang II flywheels and 1 ranger flywheel. None of them have a ford or any other part number stamped on them. The mustang II 6 flywheel pressure plate bolts are evenly space where as the ranger pressure plate bolts are grouped 2 closer together spaced every third of the flywheel. The...
  4. D

V6 flywheel

If you are using the ranger transmission you can use that flywheel. I believe that ranger clutch disc is 9 inch with 23 tooth sshine. The mustang II clutch is a 9.5 inch 10 tooth spline. And the early 4.0 v6 use a 10 inch disc 23 tooth spline. If you are going with a t5 transmission your options...
  5. D

Offy 2.8 v6 manifold. Hold onto your socks.

Yes I saw that and also talk to Morana racing. They also will modify your stock 2 bbl manifold into a 4 bbl for about $600, but it is meant more for higher rpm. I was also wondering about modifying the two bbl manifold and running the fitech 2 bbl efi with their stand alone their high pressure...
  6. D

Offy 2.8 v6 manifold. Hold onto your socks.

Summit Racing has decided to raise the price of the offy 6097DP manifold to $1050.00. An increase of $400.00. And they only have a few left in stock. I received a response from Offenhauser that they will not stop production of such a popular manifold, but they don't set retail price. On the good...
  7. D

Why aren't people doing a 2.9 V6 swap?

Actually the ford v6 family of 2.6 to 4.0 engines have an internally balanced crankshaft. The large 4.0 pulley can be replaced by the 2.8 single pulley. Then you would need to fix the alignment of the pulley, water pump, and alternator. If you turn in the rotating assy. to get balanced, the...
  8. D

There are many companies offer 9 -10 inch electric fans. You mount 2 side by side with a shroud and you will more than cool the engine.
  9. D

Actually, Weslake of UK make an aluminum 2.8 v6 timing cover. I do not know of if it is early or late 2.8 v6 design.
  10. D

Also since the fuel injection unit on the 2.9 is to tall to fit under an Alpine hood, Burton Power in the UK offers a triple DCNF weber manifold for the 2.9. Or you can use the stock 2.9 fuel rail unit with 3 Jenvey DCNF throttle bodies (TB). The Jenvey company offers these TB with or without...
  11. D

There is company in Europe that makes a conversion plate to mount an early 2.8 timing cover onto a 2.9 block. You have to drill a few holes in the block and tap to mount the plate to the 2.9 block, but it looks straight forward. Unfortunately, the downloadable instructions are in German only...
  12. D

2.8 v6 turbo question.

Thanks to all. After looking at those pi tures now I understand how Jose squeezed so much hp out of that engine. I used to race a 76 capri and bought most parts from a defunct company out of Portland OR. called Rocstock. They did a draw thru turbo kit and I think they just switched exhaust...
  13. D

2.8 v6 turbo question.

I know at one time Jose had done a turbo v6 alpine and I am curious if he used the stock manifolds or had custom ones made. I was thinking of switching them side to side to avoid the steering linkage. Again just an idea, but before wasting time I'm asking you all with a ton of more knowledge...
  14. D

2.8 v6 turbo question.

Does anybody know if the stock 2.8 exhaust manifolds will fit between the wheel wells. I am considering using them for a turbo installation. Stan's in Auburn, WA. is no longer making the v6 headers, nor is he doing custom work.
  15. D

2.8 v6 bellhousings

I have 3 2.8 v6 bellhousings with the throw out arm, part number D4ZA-6394cc for sale. $100.00 ea. plus shipping
  16. D

Late Series Alpine & Tiger Hardtop Repair Parts

I just received a message from Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Spares in the UK about a company that used to make sheet metal parts to include the hardtop. The company is Radford Panels. I will contact them on Monday for more info.
  17. D

Late Series Alpine & Tiger Hardtop Repair Parts

http://www.sunbeam-alpine.co.uk/files/Alpine%20and%20Tiger%20Catalogue.pdf
  18. D

H-Beam Racing rods

There is a company in the UK that makes H beam rods for alpines wms-racing.com The size is 142.88x57.70x23.82. Thats about 5.625 inches long. Cost is 290.00 pounds or about 390.00 dollars. Currently out of stock, but they might make some if there is interest. With the size of these rods would...
  19. D

V6 parts for sale

Yes. The oil pan is rear sump.
  20. D

V6 parts for sale

Would like to sell this stuff as a package deal. Offy 6097DP manifold. Holley 8007 390 cfm card, Never installed in a car. Only used for dyno tuning another v6 engine. Ford 2.8 v6 bellhousing with cover plate Rare Ford 2.8 v6 aluminum rocker covers from the UK. Need to be refurbished. Even rarer...