• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. oldflotsam

Engine id

I gave the car to my son.He decided to go Rootes. I’ve had a little health set-back, so it’s up to him.With the car in Dallas, and he in Chicago, it doesn’t often see much activity.
  2. oldflotsam

Engine id

My son bought this off ebay . My( actually, my son’s now) S3 has a 1965 1725 in it Pulling the engine soon. But afraid the ebay one is junk. Lots of rust in the cylinders. Good aluminum head, though, & I do have Vizard template.
  3. oldflotsam

Engine id

i have an engine (5 mains, so I assume 1725) that has , to me,a strange serial number. As near as I can tell, it is stamped “B395017287”. Any info for an old fart?
  4. oldflotsam

Pair Weber 34 ict $250

Sorry for delay, updated add, Thanks
  5. oldflotsam

Pair Weber 34 ict $250

Updated add, Thanks
  6. '63 S3

'63 S3

This is my favorite toy. I hope it will look and run better by this time next year. Wayne (oldflotsam)
  7. Easter Egg

Easter Egg

My 63 S3, soon to be in the new garage. Wayne (oldflotsam)
  8. '63 Easter Egg

'63 Easter Egg

My S3, unrestored. Reminds me of a candy Easter Egg Wayne (oldflotsam)
  9. oldflotsam

Pair Weber 34 ict $250

Matched pair 34 ict Webers $250.I bought these for my S3 but decided to go 2 barrel Sorry for delays in responding. Health Issues. I bought these about 10 years ago as rebuilt. They have NO CHOKES.they bolt on to the Alpine manifold. They require linkage and fuel line modifications.
  10. oldflotsam

Former Racing Alpine for Sale - Steve do you see this?

My son wants to bid on it to race at Laguna Seca. The car is in Okla, only 250mi from here. Wayne
  11. oldflotsam

2.8 bellhousing

Jose, the Cougar is my son's, and for sale. It's a 390-C6. the motor and trans are in my garage in Trenton, and the body is in a garage I own at Cedar Creek Lake.Minimal rust.If anyone needs this, send me a pm. I think the brake calipers are missing, but everything else is there, plus an extra...
  12. oldflotsam

2.8 bellhousing

Bill, when I first started the Duratec project, I thought I would have plenty of time in retirement to work on it. Now I find myself, at 66 years of age, going back to school to expand my business. I still have the S3, the 63 Comet, and the 67 Cougar XR7. The only thing I don't have is time to...
  13. oldflotsam

2.8 bellhousing

Thanks, guys. The guy with the bellhousing is in San Antonio, and I've got to go to Austin in a couple of weeks,so what's another 3-4 hours driving if I can find Alpine parts. After watching Bill Blues Duratec pine, I decided to sell all my duratec parts.(still have bellhousing for duratec...
  14. oldflotsam

2.8 bellhousing

Can anyone tell me what, if any, numbers are on a 2.8-t-4 bellhousing? I think there is one close by, but the guy who has it doesn't remember what it came off of. Wayne
  15. oldflotsam

Film by 15 year old.

If you haven't seen this, you should. http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1 Wayne
  16. oldflotsam

Mechancial Brake Light Kits

Bill, put me down for one. Wayne
  17. oldflotsam

Duratec Installation

Bill, if you should want to go with dcoe's on the Duratec, here's a link. http://quad4rod.accountsupport.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&category_id=2&product_id=20&Itemid=1 They also have the Webers for only $500 each. Wayne
  18. oldflotsam

What should I look for; Buying an alpine from a co-worker?

The fastest way to determine if it's an S3 is to open the trunk. If the spare stands up, the gas tanks are on both sides inside the fender wells.The S3 was the last Series for fins, and the first for dual gas tanks. I love mine. Wayne