• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. roger

motolita hub, adapter

hi all . I just got a motolita steering wheel and need an adapter for my alpine.Dont know size of steering rod or how many splines but seems maybe another british car would be the same.Any ideas?
  2. roger

oil pressure sender

well, i got my 2.8 v6 sv running down the road first time last week. Long awaited exciting ride. Now for all the tweaks and adjustments.I do have an annoying leak at oil pressure sender fitting. It seems the threads in block are straight and all the adapters are npt. am i right? I was thinking...
  3. roger

powerspark cologne distributor

hi all. Has anyone used this powerspark distributor and coil sold in uk? Its made for the cologne 2.8 v6 , no ignition box , and a resin coil with no ballast required.electronics all in distributor.I am having aproblem with chinese duraspark 2 boxes. I did find a manual on detailed testing of...
  4. roger

head gasket leaking ?

newly rebuilt engine ran 5 mins, no oil to rockers, but also top of head gasket had rusty water stains as if leaking along gasket not into cylinders and not past outer lip of gasket, like it wasnt torqued enough.that normal?i drilled 4 holes for better cooling around center cylinder as per the...
  5. roger

cam bearings clocked?

ok , got my v6 2.8 sv alpine together to start and no oil pressure to rocker shafts both sides. ran for 5 mins, lots of assembly lube. head gasket on right.no oil in passages from rocker shaft , head or into block towards cam. all opinions appreciated.Roger
  6. roger

cooling holes

looking for a little direction on drilling holes in 2.8 heads fo cooling.I read to drill two holes by the two side by side exhaust valves using head gasket as guide. can go up to 5/16 hole, drill about 1 inch deep, just through cooling passage. Hopefully this is right, and why cant you drill two...
  7. roger

oil pressure

well things are slow going.Got a question about oil pressure guage. my original oil pressure guage has oil line fitting and v6 has a stud for a wire. Is there an electric oil press. guage with original faced instrument that takes a wire? thanks , roger
  8. roger

ignition system

with v6 jose headers what to put on exhaust end that goes out side by front tire,and does it work good? thx, roger
  9. roger

wiring diagram

I was wondering if there is a wiring schematic or diagram for sv v6 rebel wire harness kit.tips or sketches for my alpine.thanks , thought id try! roger
  10. roger

jacked up alpine

well this is a strange one ! m 67 alpine came out of a barn, 28 yrs.. good shape but the guy jacked it up . 4" brackets on rear which i can remove easy, but front end i cant tell. would it be longer springs?
  11. roger

defroster vent

anyone have a driver side defroster vent? somehow lost mine.
  12. roger

2.8 v6 in florida

went to pick up radiator and guy said another radiator was brougjt in for same mods.anyone around daytona , fla. area doing alpine 2.8 v6 conversion?
  13. roger

sunbeam leather dash pad

anyone know process to install new leather dash while windshield is off? leather first to outside of windshield would be, then rubber gasket then windshield. any caulking? thanks, roger.1967 sunbeam alpine v6
  14. roger

parts sunbeam

hi anyone near charlotte,nc? i have a good 4 spd trans, 1725 head, carbs that are cleaned with new gaskets , and a manual start handle ,a flywheel..100.00 for all
  15. roger

clutch slave

any direction on mounting wilwood clutch slave cyl. on bellhousing? cant find pic i remember seeing somewhere. thx
  16. roger

mini alt

anyone know if mini alternators fit joses bracket for v6?
  17. roger

alt. and system

anyone know good alternator forv6 conversion with basic system no air? i have an early msd module out of a 67 camaro, electronic distr. for 79 2.8, a blaster coil.starter relay. alt. that i would get i guess would have internal regulator.would all this work together and do i need anything...
  18. roger

radiator

anyone have any experience sourcing an aluminum radiator for sunbeam conversion?seems they are all too large
  19. roger

engine sensor

ok , i have a 74 must 2 2.8 v6 trying to finish engine. i have two holes in block dont know what attaches. one is in front top of engine to right of offy water neck, about 1/2 inch ,threaded.intake hangs over it.the second hole is forward of distributor hole and to the right. also...
  20. roger

jose v6

just got machining done and cant find thrust bearings, not manufactured anymore. Anyone got any, I have 2 and need 4. For a 2.8 l v6 '74 to 86 mustang 2 704-763-2033