• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Jim E

Oh My

Warren just to be clear no slight intended... I have owned a 2.8 and tinkred with a couple other V6 cars. they go like stink stupid fast well balanced. I have also played with a stock block Alpine or three that were nice movers.. sold a few Alpine motors that I built myself... once got a call...
  2. Jim E

1725cc Rebuild

the destroked motors always ran better IMO
  3. Jim E

1725cc Rebuild

once you get the tach how you want i would send the cam lifters and rockers to delta, unless you have a new oil pump and even if you do would lap it to close to zero then head work hardened valve seats at least a three angle vavle job and port work.. Leroy here in columbia knows these haads of...
  4. Jim E

Oh My

Warren while I am sure I will regret this... do you own an Alpine
  5. Jim E

Oh My

Pretty is pretty no matter her name
  6. Jim E

Oh My

Bill...much like a pretty girl yes
  7. Jim E

Oh My

well then I must be loosing my touch... these cars are just cars but they are mighty pretty... for a hair dresser... how can anyone say less
  8. Jim E

Oh My

do you all mean me... let the lurkers be they know no better... lets say I build an Alpine with a warp engine it is still an Alpine.. still has the lines we care for...am I missing something
  9. Jim E

Oh My

hhahahah yes indeed an LS powered anything with a turbo knockes an Alpine into a cocked hat... but Alpines are still fun
  10. Jim E

Oh My

of course did get silly when I went ten to one pistons and a giant cam with webers got worse gas mileage than Eric G. in his tiger... was great on top end just silly anywhere else
  11. Jim E

Oh My

Fellows... have to argue this... I have built mostly stock Alpines that will drive where ever you want to go... you just need to fix everything... and they did not leak... that is not a simple trick... but can be done... one of the most fun Alpines I ever had was a leaned on stock motor with...
  12. Jim E

Some like it hot!..So does my Alpine Mark V

You can replace the water pump but unless it is leaking my guess is it is working...
  13. Jim E

Merry Christmas

I want sausage sage stuffing then my christmas will be perfect
  14. Jim E

Then there is the busted block... water jacket under the carb/exh manifold
  15. Jim E

Isky SB5 Cam

Thinking if I wanted a cam would talk to Delta
  16. Jim E

Oh My

Ian and Scott are the "Factory" guys and really knew "Correct" there is/was real interest in that side of the house and without them well, lets just say they are hard to replace. Then you need too fellows who are looking to improve the wheel, how to get around, lack of easy to get bits, as in...
  17. Jim E

Oh My

Bill, So the answer is yes! hahaha Mercy you must have had to grease all the bits to get them in there, 5 pounds in a 2 pound bag! My hat is off to you sir, guessing there are no plans for a kit. The road less traveled and all
  18. Jim E

Wow! what a great looking radiator! Does the car use coolant at all? not counting boil over. With that radiator and an elect fan you should be able to cool any engine you can shoe horn in the thing. you have any drive ablity issues. Any history on the engine, have you been in it.
  19. Jim E

1966 Alpine Series V in North Carolina - asking $3800

Not so sure was thinking about tuning the Falcon for E85 but last I looked there was only the one place in down town Columbia that sold it, at least that I knew about. Bill... Bill .. Bill just thought of something I still have the Damnyagofaster kit wonder how fast I could melt pistons...
  20. Jim E

V6 StraightBack Headers

Interesting Trans mount, who would have thought of it. Has it been stress tested just wondering about flex, but it looks like pretty thick material. Regards Jim