• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

dash covering

Between the drivers edge of the dash pad and the dash is a cardboard like material, originally riveted on. It always seems to break on removal. Is there a US source for this? Also, on either side is the aluminum plate to cover the corners, covered with a very thin cloth like material. What is...
  2. S

License plate light bracket color

What was the original color of the bracket that holds the license plate lights? The ones with the 2 glass lenses and the rubber sockets? Were they body color, or black or silver? Thanks, David
  3. S

Stash of Sunbeams in Oregon

Saw this on Barn Finds, listed on FB. Listed in Redmond Oregon. States there are 15 Alpines and "several" Tigers, and tons of parts. Wants to sell all together. Asking $21,000. Apparently previously listed, don't remember seeing it but I don't do FB...
  4. S

Early Harrington LeMans for sale

Saw in the latest Hemmings magazine (but not online) that an early HLM is for sale in Ohio. Stated to be second HLM made, and one of 7 promotional cars, and perhaps the Road and Track cover car. Per the archives, the second oldest HLM would be B9102829 or 2891, both from Alpine bodies built on...
  5. S

Alpine in Cali

Complete mostly, the hard top may be worth the price alone. No relation etc...
  6. S

HLM Headers

1962 HLM. Fixed all the leaks in the engine as best we could, then realized the trans and OD were leaking just as much. Pulled the engine, and going through the trans/OD with new seals, needle bearings and gaskets, and new synchro rings (amazing that they are still available after all these...
  7. S

Headers for Series 2

Went through the engine of my HLM, fixing leaks and new head gasket. Then realized the main leak was coming from the front of the tranny with OD. Pulled the engine/tranny, and will replace seals/gaskets/synchros on the transmission. In pulling the engine, saw that the exhaust collector was...
  8. S

Rear head coolant opening

My 1962 Harrington is getting a new head gasket, hopefully it needs nothing more. The rear opening that was originally hard piped through the intake has a 5/8 by 11 tpi bolt blocking it off. I'd like to add a fitting to run coolant from this opening to the "Y" at the water pump, probably 1/2"...
  9. S

Wire wheel hub removal

Finally decided to replace the rear hubs on my Harrington LeMans. Then of course could not find any for sale. MWS had none available in their catalog, but an email directly showed they had a few of the Series 1-4 rear hubs (but they are out of the front hubs for now) Once the present supply...
  10. S

Choice of MIG welder

I have done some limited welding in the past, and have a 30 year old Mig welder. I'd like to get a newer welder, mainly to do sheet metal restoration. Any suggestions as to what to buy? Probably would not do much more than sheet metal. I do have an oxy/acetyene set up. Was leaning toward...
  11. S

Dan the Man

Dan Richardson, you are the MAN! Got my new SS bolts for the soft top hinge, and they look great. Thanks so much for taking on this project! David H
  12. S

Tiger in Idaho

Nice looking Tiger (382002086) for sale in Pocatello. On Hemmings. States original owner, 21,925 miles. $25,000 or OBO. Won't last long if all is real. No relation/etc. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/sunbeam/tiger/2640366.html David
  13. S

Two CA Alpines

Saw this on Barn Finds, on CL in California near Stockton, much of the work is done https://barnfinds.com/package-deal-1963-and-1964-sunbeam-alpines/ David
  14. S

Volvo OD

When I got my Harrington LeMans, it had a series V transmission without OD. The original transmission, with the OD main shaft, came with it, but the original OD unit was missing. The previous owner had obtained a Volvo type D overdrive unit from a P1800. This was fitted to the original...
  15. S

Switch Position

Simple question- are the dash switches supposed to be in the up position when off, or down? I would presume they all should be consistent, whether two way or three way. Thanks, David
  16. S

Alpine in Texas

Decent Alpine on Ebay, garaged since 1983. Unclear about rust, but looks reasonable. Dual exhaust! In Texas. $1500 BIN OBO...
  17. S

Seat tracks

Restoring some seat tracks. They appear to be plated, but there is a fair amount of rust. Perhaps zinc plated? Is there a strong benefit to replating, or is paint a reasonable option? If I use EvapoRust, can I avoid repainting after the rust is removed? And how exactly does that stuff...
  18. S

Modified Minx on BAT

Saw this Minx with a transplanted Honda S2000. Looks to be well done, and certainly unique. https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=minx (Hope the link works....) David
  19. S

Instrument repair

I have used Nisonger over the years for excellent service on Jaeger/Smiths gauges. They had a flood a year ago, and lost much of their sensitive testing and repair equipment. The original owner chose to scale back, and now sells Smiths instruments, including a nice looking voltmeter. He also...
  20. S

Favorite solvent

Trying to clean up my gummy/poorly operating door latching mechanism. looks like 60 years of congealed grease in there. Soaked them in Pine Sol, somewhat better, but hard to get between the riveted steel plates to clean. What other options might work? Simple Green, gasoline, kerosene, brake...