• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. rixter

Rotisserie attachment question

Hi, Thinking of getting a rotisserie to work on the bottom of my Alpine. I assume any model of rotisserie wouldn't be able to include attachment components to attach cleanly to every type of vehicle and thus some fabricating of such would be required. Can anyone who has used one tell me how you...
  2. rixter

1961 FREE Alpine in Ohio

No relation to lister... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/807670867121936/
  3. rixter

Facebook 1967 Alpine

No relation to selling parties: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1064183930835595/
  4. rixter

Can anyone ID this part?

Getting spare parts together for S.C. parts room and found this non Sunbeam part in my Alpine parts. One side has a track that had remnants of a rubber insert. The other side has a chrome strip screwed on with 5 screws. It is about 13 inches long and 3/4 inch wide with a base strip that appears...
  5. rixter

Zenith WIP Float Setting

Hello, Is there a "dry" float setting for Zenith WIP carbs? All I am finding are fuel level settings that measure the fuel level down from the top edge of the carb with the cap removed and of course this would be with fuel in the carb. At the end of the day, this "wet" method may be more...
  6. rixter

Sunbeams in Led Zepp documentary

Am I the last one to discover they had Sunbeam Alpines in a Led Zeppelin documentary called Dazed and Confused? Saw this the other day on Roku. Check in around 7:50. Apparently they used them as part of a British Invasion theme, but unclear from the video if related to Led Zeppelin's arrival...
  7. rixter

1970 Alpine GT

This falls into the category of how not to advertise your vehicle for sale, but looks like there may be something under the pile for someone looking for a late Alpine GT. No relation to seller...
  8. rixter

Series 3 ST vent hose routing

Hello, I am trying to make heads or tails out of a series 3 ST that has been sitting for years and I have no knowledge of how it ran before sitting. Can anyone post an engine compartment photo of an original Alpine series 3 ST with the twin Zenith carbs? Specifically I'd like to see a stock...
  9. rixter

Heat box register differences

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the various ways the heat gets distributed into the foot wells. On my Alpine series 5 (early), the bottom of the heater box has a rectangular opening and it just dumps into the car on top of the tunnel. I compared to another series 5 owner who has...
  10. rixter

License Light Grommet

Hello, Anyone know of a replacement for the grommet that goes between the rear license light bracket and the body? It looks like this was meant to be a wire tight grommet that goes in the bracket, but continues through the hole in the car body to best seal out moisture. Plan B might be a...
  11. rixter

Rounded versus square corner boot lid

Hi, Other than the corners of the boot lid, are there other differences between the early series and the later series? I'm looking at the number of dents in my early series boot lid and am wondering if just getting a replacement boot lid is advisable. I think I can get access to a late series...
  12. rixter

Heater motor housing

Hi, Looking to see if anyone has an old spare housing from a Smiths heater motor that may be broken in a different location than mine. Basically I was hoping to make one decent one out of two broken ones. These seem to crack and have parts break off often enough that most listings on eBay are...
  13. rixter

Tiger Aluminum Oil Pan and Valve Covers

I know the LAT valve covers are still available from SS. Was not sure about the value of the Tiger Powered by Ford oil pan. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/831425601043142/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined No relation to seller. Rick
  14. rixter

Series 3 wiring diagram

Does anyone know the origin of the attached series 3 wiring diagram? I located this on a Net image search which had it shown with a Photo Bucket watermark. I was not aware that Photo Bucket has ownership of photos. But I could not locate an original. This diagram is most similar to one I prefer...
  15. rixter

Series 3 gas cap

Hello, I believe the series 3 gas cap is unique to the series 3 and thus not commonly available. I was cleaning up rust inside the cap and can get it pretty clean but there is something inside that is rattling around and making the turning of the cap crunchy. I am assuming it is a rusty/broken...
  16. rixter

Sunbeam Tiger and Alpine Barn Finds

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-Barn-Finds-plus-Motors-Trans-NOS-Parts-Accessories/333706958379?hash=item4db27c162b:g:SCYAAOSwyCJfTsHz Anyone familiar with this collection? Rick
  17. rixter

Series 3 GT on Facebook

No relation to seller: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/286538159078680/ Is that spare wheel storage arrangement stock? I have a series 3 ST that stores the spare in the boot floor "well" as with the 4 and 5. Rick
  18. rixter

1592 Oil Drain Plug

Anyone know where I can obtain a drain plug for the oil pan on a 1592 engine? The one on my series 4 motor has a badly damaged head that requires a Vice-Grips to remove. I have ordered these from Victoria British and Sunbeam Specialties and neither fit. No surprise on the VB, but SS listing just...
  19. rixter

Oil Pressure Gauge seal

Hello, I was cleaning up my dash oil pressure gauge today and have a question about the oil line to gauge connection. Is there supposed to be a seal there? There was the remnants of "something" there, but I can't tell if it is just crud. If a seal is to be there, what material was used? Thank...
  20. rixter

Can anyone identify these headlight trim rings?

While digging through a bunch of Alpine parts bins I obtained over the years from Sunbeam owners, I uncovered a set of trim rings that I can't identify. I initially assumed they were for an Alpine being in a collection of otherwise all Alpine parts. But these are not the coveted Tiger chrome...