• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 260Alpine

Copper flare washers for leaky brake lines

I didn't know these existed! Highly recommended for stainless brake lines: https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Flare-Gasket-2GF/dp/B00YTF8ZTK
  2. 260Alpine

Alternative gas cap?

I was wondering if anyone has tried a Jag XJ6 gas cap on later series Alpine? This one was fitted to a Hillman Husky.
  3. 260Alpine

MGB seats

These MGB seats with Prestige brand covers look pretty good!
  4. 260Alpine

Backup lights

I think these would work good as backup lights with the right bulbs: https://www.datsun-garage.com/collections/datsun-510-exterior/products/clear-side-marker-assemblies-1970-78-240z-260z-280z-and-1968-73-510
  5. 260Alpine

GT40 wheels

Love these wheels, though expensive at around $500 each plus shipping from the UK.
  6. 260Alpine

Has anyone tried to fit the early Capri rotors?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1279905&cc=1433960&pt=1896&jsn=476
  7. 260Alpine

Vented brake idea

2WD 82-85 Datsun (Nissan) 720 pickup vented rotor. Same diameter as stock later rotor. Could be turned down to earlier size. 3/8" spacer for stock caliper. 1/4"" adapter plate between rotor and hub. For 13" wheels. 4X4 rotor is 10.5" and could be used with 86-88 Toyota pickup 4 piston caliper...
  8. 260Alpine

How much interest in something like this

I think these would be cool for a kind of hot rod look. The door handles and window cranks are for a VW and the door pulls are for a MG Midget. You could match your custom steering wheel.
  9. 260Alpine

Easy tail light fix

This didn't make it to the new site. Here now! https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/easy-tail-light-lens-fix.30545/
  10. 260Alpine

VTO LAT70 Wheel

15 x 6.5
  11. 260Alpine

Alpine drag car on S-10 frame

1967 Sunbeam Tiger Tribute For Sale - Gateway Classic Cars
  12. 260Alpine

.7 Tandem master cylinder

I accidentally stumbled on this master cylinder. GMC226 .7 tandem for 76-80 Triumph Spitfire. It would be nice if the Tilton or Wilwood reservoirs would fit or Girling cans to remote nipples. More Information for ÜRO PARTS GMC226 (rockauto.com)
  13. 260Alpine

Bulb # for small parking light bulb

I need the bulb # of the small parking light bulb to crossreference to LED. Thanks in advance.
  14. 260Alpine

Easy tail light lens fix

I wanted to use the amber turn signal lenses. My one piece lower lenses were both cracked on the lower part. At this time there are no reasonable cost replacements. My red upper pieces were like new. I cut the lower part off below the reflector with a portaband while taped to a board. Used the...
  15. 260Alpine

62 Alpine

BritishV8 Forum: 1962 Sunbeam Alpine
  16. 260Alpine

Harley Headlight Bezel

I just received my Ebay headlight bezels. Held one up to center and it will fit fine. About an inch deeper and headlight will be a little further forward. I think it'll look good. I need to order the retaining rings and tribar H4 headlights yet. Won't need the stock buckets, the H4...
  17. 260Alpine

Another nice Alger build

Hernan's Sunbeam Tiger (bonesfab.com)
  18. 260Alpine

Why aren't people doing a 2.9 V6 swap?

Dan's mounts and 4.0 headers will swap a 2.9 V6 in. There are probably more of those motors than the 2.8. You would have to figure out the radiator to pulleys room. This thread has info on carb and distributor swaps: 2.9 V6 info | SAOCA Forum (sunbeamalpine.org)
  19. 260Alpine

3 3/8" (85mm) tach in 4" housing

This is how I adapted a 3 3/8" (85mm) tach to fit a 4" housing. If you use a black rim tach it would be less noticeable. I think it looks good though. Might do a cheap GPS speedometer the same way.
  20. 260Alpine

Series 3 LS Restomod

Alpine progress pictures : Alpine Club Forum : Sunbeam Experience Car Forums : The Sunbeam Experience (sunbeamclub.com)