• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Steering Wheel Diameter

What is the diameter of the late series wheels? I have a 14" wheel that I find hard to turn when the car is stationary. My grandaughter will eventually get the car and I thiink a larger wheel will make turning easier. I'm thinking 16".
  2. J

Steering Wheel Diameter

Thanks
  3. J

Steering Wheel Diameter

What is the diameter of a stock Alpine steerin wheel? Thanks
  4. J

Walnut dash in series 2

I have a walnut dash in my SII. If I remember correctly there is a difference in the heater/fan control fascia plate. Luckily, I was able to buy a new replica from a SAOCA member - don't remember who.
  5. J

Won't Idle Properly

Yes - I use Pertronix flame thrower coils.
  6. J

Won't Idle Properly

Yes - I disconnected the choke rod from the choke plate so when the choke handle is pulled out only the fast idle cam is advanced. Starts right up, idles great with the choke out for a couple minutes until it warms and then, when the choke handle is pushed in, the car idles and runs great...
  7. J

Won't Idle Properly

I use Shell premium and add an off-road octane booster.
  8. J

Won't Idle Properly

Yes - 185's across the board.
  9. J

Won't Idle Properly

Good suggestion (as are the others) but I have 1-3-4-2 etched in my brain.
  10. J

Won't Idle Properly

It did when first installed.
  11. J

Won't Idle Properly

Choke fully open - used propane torch to look for leaks.
  12. J

Won't Idle Properly

Plugs are black
  13. J

Won't Idle Properly

Agree - but that's the first thing I looked for.
  14. J

Won't Idle Properly

Meant to write with the idle mixture screw 4.5 turns out and the idle speed screw 3 turns in.
  15. J

Won't Idle Properly

I cannot get my 1725cc engine to idle properly. I recently installed an Alpine Innovations carb/manifold setup. The car ran great after the installation, but I subsequently ran into a problem getting the engine to run. (I don’t believe my current issue has anything to do with the AI equipment.)...
  16. J

New issues with recent purchase - looking for parts

Go to https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/photo-gallery/. Follow the steps and design your own mats with "Alpine" in script letters.. Mine are black with red border trim . Good quality too.
  17. J

Wanted SII Fuel Gauge Sending Unit

Looking for the fuel tank sending unit for a SII Alpine. Thanks
  18. J

Hard Starting and hotter spark plugs

Two questions - first, if it is ideal for the valve to be closed why the need for any adjustment at all? Second - how does it come from the factory?
  19. J

Weber Carb Help.

Mike - Ha - I have the opposite problem. Tried to address idle problem many times - changing jets, etc - to no avail. Hard to hold a steady idle and very hard to start (its almost like a vacuum leak exists). However, once the engine warms up the car runs great, so I no longer mess with it.