• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. K

Wide White Walls...?

Anyone have a source for Wide White walls that aren't $200 each for 155 80R 13 BF Goodrich? Thanks...
  2. K

Original Factory Wheel Color?

I am restoring a Series 2 Alpine in Wedgwood Blue. What were the options for original factory wheel colors? Thanks, Kevin
  3. K

Correct gray/silver color for SII dash

I seem to recall seeing a reference to the correct original silver/gray color for the early SII dash. Does anyone have it?
  4. K

Beware Scammers are everywhere...

I recently posted here that I was looking for a map light. I got an email a few days ago from someone claiming to be a member here who asked if I still needed a map light. I told him yes and asked him how much. His response was $275 including shipping payment was prepaid western union or money...
  5. K

Series II front leaf spring bushings?

Why is it that no one sells replacement front leaf spring bushings for the series II? The appear to the the same inside and outside diameter as the shorter rear bushings? Am I missing something?
  6. K

Help! Removing Differential from leaf springs..Pin!

I am restoring a 62 Series 2..... I am ready to remove the Rear end and I was planning to separate it from the leaf springs.... I removed the U-Bolts and bottom plate.. There is a pin that connects the bracket on the diff. Housing to the springs. It has a 7/16 nut on the bottom and a bushing of...
  7. K

Shout out to Kroil.. The oil that creeps....

I am restoring my 62' S2.. Pretty much a complete restoration...I have just finished stripping the steering, suspension and brakes. A-arms are being rebuilt all new brakes, brake lines, coil springs, etc... This car sat for years, albeit it must have been inside... However, it's evident that...
  8. K

Wanted: Series 2 Map light....

Anyone have one kicking around they will part with? Send me an email...ktapply@zoll.com Thanks.... -KT
  9. K

HELP! Removing Rear Wheel Cylinder---what's the trick?

Ok... What's the trick to easily remove the interlocking retaining plate and spring plate from the base of the wheel cylinder.
  10. K

Rotisserie?

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.. if not please let me know..... Anyone out there care to comment on experience with rotisseries? I am looking at the Bottoms Up Lift from Accesible systems, http://www.accessiblesystems.com/bul/bul.php I purchased a body...
  11. K

Early series seat frames..

Can anyone tell me the difference between early and late model seat frames? I have a set of late series seats.. Can these be upholstered to look like the early series Seats?
  12. K

Converting SII A-arms to later series...

Could you please offer your opinion/judgement on the topic of converting the old style A-arms to the later series style? I am restoring a 62 SII and the A-arms need to be rebuilt. Apparently the bushings for the older series are not readily available. What is involved in swapping out to the...
  13. K

MaxJax 2-Post Portable Auto Lift?

Any of the members here have experience with this lift? If you have experience with another feel free to share.
  14. K

SII Steering Wheel...

Some advice please...... The steering wheel on my SII is not in very good shape. At one point one of the PO's has tried to repair the cracks with epoxy and it did not go well. I would like to keep it original and regardless there does not seem to be a reliable source of after market...
  15. K

Can anyone go look at a SII in Glendale/Burbank for me?

I am interested in purchasing a SII that is located in Glendale. Would anyone be interested in having a look at it for me and reporting your opinion of it's condition? If so, email me at ktapply@zoll.com thank you... Ktapply
  16. K

Crankshaft thrust washers....

Can one of our resident experts confirm that the copper colored face, the same side as the relief, presumaby for oil passage...of the thrust washer faces the milled surface of the crankshaft? Thanks -Kevin
  17. K

Warmer Weather is coming....

Let's break out of the winter doldrums. Go to work on your cars and lets start thinking about an early April get together.... Post some Dates that work for you and let's see if we can get everyone to gather...imagine the parking lot at Quaker Steak and Lube full of Sunbeam Alpines......:-)
  18. K

Torque Values..?

Will someone tell me what the torque values should be for the following... Timing gear to cam shaft bolt Timing cover bolts Oil pan bolts Crankshaft end bolt Thanks... -Kevin
  19. K

SV Oil Cooler needed.....

Does anyone have a serviceable oil cooler unit sitting around? I am restoring a SII and installing a 1725 and need an oil cooler. Any other recomendations for after market oil coolers other's may have used?
  20. K

Lucas Bullet Style Connectors

Anyone recommend a source for OEM style Lucas Bullet connectors? I will call Rick at S/S but they are not listed in his catalog.