• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

SS door window seals?

I had to order a bunch of seals from Sunbeam Specialties and figured I would buy the door glass seals that go into the top rails. Is anybody using these? I haven't installed them yet, but they don't look like they are going to work real well. Do I need to install them and mabey readjust the...
  2. M

Speedometer drive gear needed

I'm going to try this again with better spelling. I'm looking for the speedometer drive gear in the transmission for a series V alpine. I would settel for used, new preferably. I've checked with Sunbeam Specialties and they don't have them. Any help would be VERY appreciated.
  3. M

Sunbeam sales hot spots?

I've dealt with saabs most all my life and have always had a couple of Alpines since I was 16. In the Saab world there were pockets of the country where the cars sold much better than the other areas in the old days. The north East was the biggest spot, followed buy MN, WI, IA as a very good...
  4. M

a few questions regarding a series 4

I picked up a series 4 Alpine a month ago for parts/mabey sell. I noticed when I got it home the tach said positive earth. The battery is hooked up to negitive earth. What kind of damage could this have done? My second question is, what rear end ratio would this car have from the...
  5. M

Speaker placement

I'm getting around to installing a radio in my Alpine and was wondering where the prefered place is to put the speakers? I realy do not want to go with boxes on the rear shelf and it looks as though they won't fit in the doors.
  6. M

Picture Fairy

Today the picture fairy arrived with 2 very nice pictures of my car at the Invasion. I would like to thank who ever sent them.
  7. M

SV thermostat

Is there a part number for the coolant thermostat. My local NAPA has no listing.
  8. M

Bill Blue check your PM's

Good deal?
  9. M

Convertable top replacement?

I have started to replace my top on my S-V and have not been able to find anything on replacement procedures. I've checked my repair manual and the online one here to no avail. I've also done a forum search with no returns. I would like to read up about it before just blindly putting it on...
  10. M

Air filter Question

I am working on my Alpine getting it ready for the trip to the invasion. I was getting my order list togather for Sumbeam Specialties and noticed the air filter elements for a series-V are no longer available. Is their a replacement that works that can be ordered somewhere else? Thanks, Marty
  11. M

S5 Vapor locking?

Is there a common problem with vapor locking on Alpines? My Series 5 will run great for about 1/2 hour or 20-25 miles and then starts chugging. when I open the gas cap I can hear air either coming out or sucking in (not sure). I've checked the vent in the cap and all seems ok, I have a...
  12. M

Sunbeam road side assistance?

When I travel to the SAAB owners conventions I usually drive an old car as do alot of us. We usually have a thread for assistance along the way if something happens close to another forum user. I will start. I live about 2 hours south west of Winona and am only 15 min south of I-90. and 1...
  13. M

Back to the sunbeam fold!!!

Hello, Thought I might introduce myself and give a short history of my Sunbeam ownership. Back in 1979 I bought my first Alpine i was 14 at the time and rebuilt it to be my driver when I turned 16 It was a 67 in British Racing Green. I drove that car for 10 years but wife and kids...
  14. M

Rubber parts?

Awhile back I remember seeing on E-Bay a rubber seal kit sold for the alpines. I've been watching lately and haven't been able to find them. I looked through the British Victoria catalog also. What I'm looking for are all the grommets, plugs, and gaskets for a 67 Alpine. Any help would be...