• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Why won't you attend an Invasion??

This is a topic I think every car club has talked about. I attended the Invasion last year for the first time. My wife and I wanted to see how someone else puts one on. We had a great time. I was in the prosess of getting my Alpine ready to go to this years and had employees quit. When you...
  2. M

Online parts site invite

I checked it out. Looks great. How does one purchase any parts off the page? I take it for example, if I had parts to sell I could list them here also?
  3. M

clutch

Or mabey the ignition might be too far retarded?
  4. M

SS door window seals?

I had to order a bunch of seals from Sunbeam Specialties and figured I would buy the door glass seals that go into the top rails. Is anybody using these? I haven't installed them yet, but they don't look like they are going to work real well. Do I need to install them and mabey readjust the...
  5. M

Speedometer drive gear needed

Anybody? Someone has to have a junk transmission around.
  6. M

Speedometer drive gear needed

I'm going to try this again with better spelling. I'm looking for the speedometer drive gear in the transmission for a series V alpine. I would settel for used, new preferably. I've checked with Sunbeam Specialties and they don't have them. Any help would be VERY appreciated.
  7. M

Paint

you know Chuck, this thread doesn't realy shine without pictures.
  8. M

Finally, a reason to live in Minneapolis: The ultimate man cave

I attended a car show there last spring. They invited all of the area Lemons racers there. That place is unbelievable. There is also a place simmilar to this in Joliet IL with a road coarse on it called Autobahn Race Way. Met the fellow who owns the WeatherTech floor mat company and toured...
  9. M

Vapor lock signs?

Henry, All I did was leave the cap loose to see if it helped. After it was better I drilled the little hole out in the bottom of the cap. When mine wouldn't star/start hard I would go back and open the cap and you could hear air sucking into the tank.
  10. M

Vapor lock signs?

Over the last few years I have fought this problem with my car also. At first it would vapor lock and I found out the breather was plugged in the fuel cap. I drilled it out and the car ran better but the problem was still there. this fall at the Sunbeam Invasion I was looking around at the...
  11. M

Oil pumped out onto road from SV

Not to be a smart ass, but fill it with oil and have somebody start it with you looking under the hood. A leak like that should be pretty easy to find.
  12. M

Sunbeam sales hot spots?

any info on the Twin Cities club? I remember you e-mailing some info quite awhile back. Might be time to look into it. After the Invasion last year my Sunbeam has gained alittle more importance in my life.
  13. M

Sunbeam sales hot spots?

AFB's make sense, I was just wondering as there are almost none around here. I'm pushing 50 and only remember of 2 other Sunbeams ever around Southern MN/northern IA. One is an early one VERY rusty and cobbled up. It's still around with grand ideas of being rebuilt. The other disappeared...
  14. M

Sunbeam sales hot spots?

I've dealt with saabs most all my life and have always had a couple of Alpines since I was 16. In the Saab world there were pockets of the country where the cars sold much better than the other areas in the old days. The north East was the biggest spot, followed buy MN, WI, IA as a very good...
  15. M

a few questions regarding a series 4

Tom J. The splines are in very good shape on all four wheels, but all four wheels will need some spokes replaced, bead blasted and powder coated. I could do the blasting and powder coating myself. I'm not sure what kind of issues I would run into with balance if I replaced the spokes myself...
  16. M

a few questions regarding a series 4

I picked up a series 4 Alpine a month ago for parts/mabey sell. I noticed when I got it home the tach said positive earth. The battery is hooked up to negitive earth. What kind of damage could this have done? My second question is, what rear end ratio would this car have from the...
  17. M

Series V Engine + Engine Compartment

you should just cut bait on this thing and sell it to me cheap!!!!! JK. That thing looks as original as you can find.
  18. M

1967 Alpine

Getting VERY tempting! I have told myself no more cars though.
  19. M

1967 Alpine

Price? Even a rough idea?
  20. M

Speaker placement

thanks for all the ideas. Mine is a series 5. I have some 4" round speakers that I would like to use. I found a nice mounting box for the radio already. (the reason for finally geting to this.