• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. alsalp

Steering Box Rebuild

Here is a nice video of a Burman box rebuild for an Alfa. Methods could be applied to Alpines. Alfa Romeo Spider 105 Burman Steering Box Rebuild. - YouTube
  2. alsalp

A Stronger Steering Box?

So My Electric power steering busted my Alpine box. Apparently this has happened to others in the US and UK. Alpha Romeos have had this problem with their Burman style boxes too. Enough so that one can buy a billet case for 800 pounds or a complete new assembly for 3k pounds. I'm wondering if it...
  3. alsalp

New out of the box Holley

So I just installed a new 4bbl in the Ford v6 today it fired right up. The problem is I need to figure out how to drop the idle. It's at 1100 now with the screw all the way off Cant find any vacuum leaks tried the idle mixtures bot it just stalls out There is another screw...
  4. alsalp

Temp sender for v6 Alpine w/original gauge

I'm looking for a sender that works with my 2.8 v6 Alpine and the original guage I have a 3/8 npt hole available Anyone have a part number or suggestions?
  5. alsalp

About to pull the trigger...

So I'm finally ready to get a set of heads reworked. Some questions to as many of you as possilble: 1. Who is your recommended 2.8 v6 head porter/machinist? 2. Do they provide flow data? (got any to share?) 3. What did it cost? 4. Why 2.9 valves (1.65 int)? a) common, cheap...
  6. alsalp

2.8 clutches

Anyone buy a 2.8 clutch recently? None of the parts stores show one for the v6. Napa shows one but it is likely for a 2.3 I don't know if they are more available but is there a difference between a mustang ii and a 2.8 ranger/aerostar or 2.9 for that manner?
  7. alsalp

2.8 roller rockers, forged pistons

Anyone use any of these 2.8 parts? Roller rockers, forged pistons, etc http://moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=52
  8. alsalp

Head Porter experienced with 2.8 wanted

Anyone have contacts with someone who knows how to port and flow 2.8 heads? Any idea of pricing? thanks, Al
  9. alsalp

adapter 2.8 timing cover on 2.9 block

What's the point in this? http://www.shop-fordv6.de/en/engine-block/628-v6-adapter-stirnraddeckel-f-block.html Can 2.8 heads be swapped on a 2.9 block? With custom cam might be an alternative to 2.9 stroker crank in 2.8 block plus get hydraulic lifters.
  10. alsalp

Aluminum V6 timing cover

Does anyone see why this wouldn't be a direct replacement for a 2.8 automotive timing cover? http://www.hsi-motorsport.com/hsi_start_E.html
  11. alsalp

NOS Tiger MK2 WIPAC Reverse Lights

NOS Light shelf scuffing $350
  12. alsalp

Larger 2.8 valves and Rocker ratios

I know the formula porting and 2.9 valves but has anyone gone by the Sven Pruitt book regarding larger custom valves? ( 1.73" intake, 1.40" Exhaust) Also a couple years ago during the planning/dreaming stage I found someone who modifies stock rockers 1.55 ratio from 1.47 I don't know if...
  13. alsalp

13" Western "minilite" wheels

Set of four in excellent shape. No curb rash. Polished rim and painted centers $300 Al
  14. alsalp

NOS Dobi "Ford V6" 2.8 aluminum valve covers

They don't look like they have ever been run. They could use a refresh of the black wrinkle paint $300 Al
  15. alsalp

Autopower Roll Bar

Used. In California, $250 Al
  16. alsalp

Rotunda Ford v6 tool kit

Anyone use these? Are they nice to use for the right price?
  17. alsalp

sunbeam in current Amazon advert

www.imdb.com click on any actors name
  18. alsalp

2.8 Ford mini or gear reduction starter

Anyone know of where to get a mini or gear reduction starter for the 2.8l mustang 2 engine?
  19. alsalp

How are we building our v6's?

Ok. I have a '74 long block to build 200 hp with. What is the formula? What I gather is: 1) early heads "Svened" out with 2.9 valves (Does any one have flow bench numbers?) Who is the current guru on porting these heads? 2) 2.9 crank with machined...
  20. alsalp

Suspension swap

Anyone have any experience or impressions of the Mike Hokenson or Dale Adjuski (im sure im butchering their names but im too lazy for google :) custom front suspensions?