• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. alsalp

Steering gearbox cracked

https://www.treatland.tv/quality-THIN-gasket-paper-pack-in-3-thicknesses-p/qaulity-brown-gasket-set-3pcs.htm...
  2. alsalp

Steering gearbox cracked

I just went through this. I had to pull my v6 out. I don't know about leaving the 4cyl in or not. I reconditioned/rebuilt my replacement unit. Before you install the replacement I'd open it up and inspect the bearing races. If they are pitted or the worm gear is bad then there is no point. There...
  3. alsalp

Title and id tag for an S2 alpine

Most people clone Tigers not Alpines
  4. alsalp

Power Steering Failure

pricey
  5. alsalp

Power Steering Failure

https://www.alfaholics.com/parts/105-series/steering/new-steering-box-with-alfaholics-billet-casing-lhd-burman-type/
  6. alsalp

Power Steering Failure

Mine blew out the front. The Alfa Romeo crowd has a billet box available. What would be nice if someone were to build a new box is to design replaceable readily available races. Or if there was an adapter system (bracket, U'joint ) for a common box
  7. alsalp

Power Steering Failure

Um yeah. It was me.
  8. alsalp

Power Steering Failure

I did have EPS in my Alpine and it busted the case out. I'm gonna put it back to OEM.
  9. alsalp

Steering Box Rebuild

Here is a nice video of a Burman box rebuild for an Alfa. Methods could be applied to Alpines. Alfa Romeo Spider 105 Burman Steering Box Rebuild. - YouTube
  10. alsalp

1966 Series V brakes

I run a 3/4" wilwood master
  11. alsalp

A Stronger Steering Box?

So My Electric power steering busted my Alpine box. Apparently this has happened to others in the US and UK. Alpha Romeos have had this problem with their Burman style boxes too. Enough so that one can buy a billet case for 800 pounds or a complete new assembly for 3k pounds. I'm wondering if it...
  12. alsalp

SV V6 Restoration

I don't know why you don't just get a Tiger donor body and transfer the VIN. It would be a lot faster. (Of course it wouldn't be authentic Alpine)
  13. alsalp

EPS potential danger in Alpine (Alleged)

What is UK Horn #253? link?
  14. alsalp

Boy did I waste a lot of time and money..
  15. alsalp

Power Steering Failure

The English have this: Sunbeam Alpine: Permanently curing Steering Box leaks. - YouTube
  16. alsalp

I did my own EPS on my Alpine and the box busted out the front. Luckily it was in a parking lot. I thought maybe I screwed up the modification. My theory was that I stressed by demonstrating it over and over without the car rolling. I have a replacement and was debating going to stock. It was...
  17. alsalp

Front Suspension

cool. thanks
  18. alsalp

Front Suspension

My discs I want to use a 10.08". My rears are drums that came with my Ford 8". I just want to know a (best) Wilwood part number for calipers for 10" vented rotor and 13" wheels
  19. alsalp

Front Suspension

I'd like to create a brake set up for my 13" wheels and a 10" rotor. Which Wilwood calipers are best?
  20. alsalp

Radio for 67 Alpine

I adapted an early corvair radio mount and insulated the rear bumper and wired it as an attenna