• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Series V Susan

Original Toolkit - clean up to restore?

Thanks all for your posts, I will go with matching the general restoration of the car. That feels right. I'll wipe down the tools, apply a light oil, gently clean up the case, roll them up and store them in the boot. Done. This has been a "loved" Alpine over the years and the tools are no...
  2. Series V Susan

Overheating

@Ken - I am also experiencing the joy of watching my temp gauge peg while driving - I spend more time watching the gauge than the road. A survey of mechanic friends says I have a blown head gasket but I'm not convinced. (Like I know... hahahaha) Head gasket replacement is next on the list...
  3. Series V Susan

Original Toolkit - clean up to restore?

Question for the Alpine restoration purists out there. I have a Series V I've been restoring since March of this year and I found a great number of the original tools in what appears to be the original roll-up kit cover. They are in greasy/grimey/disgusting condition (yes, they were really...