• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. crs

Resuming activity after few years off.

Resuming activity after few years off.
  2. crs

Rebel Wiring Harness

All, I just came in house after hours debugging issue with Series IV original wiring as modified for Ford V6 engine. Car starts and runs fine now, but it worries me to drive far in it due to wiring kluge. I will watch this thread closely to see how it goes. Meanwhile, is there anyone that does...
  3. crs

Blast from the past !

I took the car to a nearby safety check station and garage for the annual safety check and on my return home drove through town at a sedate speed (fortunately as I met one police car and a deputy sheriff car). The main street ends in a T and 3 way stop. When it was my turn to go, I began my...
  4. crs

V6 Conversion

By all means do all work necessary BEFORE putting in the engine. It was after test driving the V6 that I learned of the slack in the steering gear box and now I just have to live with it or spend much time or $$ to remove the slack. Most things like rerouting the brake lines was done before...
  5. crs

Fast and Furious exhaust note !

Ken, The tach jumped up quickly, but never made it to 5000 rpm. Maybe the trick to the sharp "brrapp" is an almost to the top and very short poke on the pedal, not the multi second rev that rocks the car. Maybe I need to practice that for when poking through the town. :rolleyes:
  6. crs

Fast and Furious exhaust note !

Charged the battery and fired up the V6 today and it ran well. If it is sunny again tomorrow, I may take it for a spin. It was cool and the engine was slow to warm and would not drop to an idle, so I gave the pedal a couple of sharp, short pokes and the darn thing rapped up instantly like those...
  7. crs

Met owner of Series 2 Moonstone Alpine !

This car in McKinney, Texas belongs to a neighbor of my son and the garage door was open a couple days ago and I went over and introduced myself. It seems she inherited the car from her father and has recently got it back on the road. I suggested she sign up for this forum for the fun and...
  8. crs

Tigers at play....

Thanks for the video. Good to see the Sunbeams on the track and doing well.
  9. crs

Free 1974 Mustang 8 inch rear end /axle

Rear end has been picked up and is gone. :)
  10. crs

The gearing is 3.55
  11. crs

This goes to the salvage yard this Thursday if there is no interest.
  12. crs

This will be free for anyone that can pick it up at my house in Carrollton, Texas before next Friday, 9/15/17. Otherwise it goes to a salvage yard. PM me if interested.
  13. crs

8 inch Ford for my V6 Alpine

Kelly, Yes I would like to sell the 8 inch , but we close on that house this coming Friday and by then it must be removed from the property. I would give it to anyone that would pick it up at my Carrollton house but may have to drop it off at a salvage yard as we did with the previous two...
  14. crs

8 inch Ford for my V6 Alpine

Hey Kelly, guess what I just found in my old tool shed? An 8 inch 3.55 1974 Mustang rear end that my son bought for our V6 Alpine project several years ago. Since then, I decided to keep the stock rear end with the extra strength keys that you sold me and now that I have sold that house, I...
  15. crs

Carpet under hood and trunk

Very interesting! My Red Series II also had a sound silencing pad under the hood that looked like the one in your picture! Mine had OD, factory hard top, wood and chrome luggage rack, and wire wheels.
  16. crs

Carburation

Link to Holley Installation doc for 390 cfm carb, from Holley web site: Carb overview: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetors/classic_holley/parts/0-8007 REPLACEMENT CARBURETOR - MODEL 4160 P/N 0-8007 Installation and adjustment Instructions...
  17. crs

Carburation

Barry quoted "Jarrid hit an important nail on the head." +1 Best readily available option. The ONLY issue that I have had with my 390 cfm Holley is that the installing mechanic did not properly adjust the slow speed idle (but then he was a track drag race guy and liked a very fast idle...
  18. crs

Holley 4160, 390cfm on V6 - Setup/Debug

Jerry, The procedure looks similar but not the same;not the same source and without vacuum testing. I just used the engine sound and tach reading. I printed it out directly from the Holley web site and saved it and will look to see if I can locate it.
  19. crs

Holley 4160, 390cfm on V6 - Setup/Debug

Do you have the Holley on line documentation on how to tune your carb? My new Holley 390 4 bbl did not want to idle at the spec speed either and the only cure I found was to follow the Holley instructions to set the slow idle - it worked for me.
  20. crs

Worlds fastest Sunbeam

Outstanding ! :cool: :eek::rolleyes: :)