• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

1966 Alpine driver, 1966 Alpine on Rotisserie, and overdrive transmission

Selling all of my Alpine stuff. Everything goes as a package - $8500. Located in Northwest suburb of Chicago. I bought my first Alpine in 2011 when I didn't like my job and needed this for fun. I got to the point where the chassis was ready for the paint/body shop for minor sheet metal work...
  2. S

Sending the body to a paint shop - What should installed?

I have completely removed everything from my SV, had it media blasted, and epoxy primed with black epoxy. The engine compartment and the undercarriage have 2 coat of epoxy so I could leave these as is if I wanted to. I currently have the car body on a rotisserie with nothing installed on the...
  3. S

Rear axle inner sludge guard

I'm re-assembling the rear axle on my SV and I have a question about the inner sludge guard. The outer sludge guard is pressed into the axle housing and I never removed it during disassembly so I know it is still there. I have a question about what the inner sludge guard looks like. I...
  4. S

Seam sealer locations for SV

I have fully stripped down my SV and have it media blasted and epoxy primed ( it will be a busy winter getting it ready for next spring). Before I take the car in for painting, I need to replace the 100 lbs. of seam sealer I pried out of all the seams. I took some pictures of the seams...
  5. S

Drive shaft for SV

I had an earlier post looking for the shorter drive shaft for an overdrive, but I was advised to get a regular drive shaft and get it modified. So now I'm looking for a standard SV drive shaft. Thanks, Mike
  6. S

Looking for shorter drive shaft for SV Overdrive

I just purchased an overdrive for my SV and I'm looking for the shorter overdrive drive shaft. Mike
  7. S

Tip for finding the forum links in google search

Since the SAOCA site went down and had to be changed to another webhost, the links found by google search no longer work. Until the google search engine has caught up to the new links, you can manually go to the links. As an example, I want to search for rear hub removal so in the google...
  8. S

Tip for finding the forum links in google search

I know this belongs in the general forum, but since most people spend their time in the stock forum, I thought I would post it here too. Since the SAOCA site went down and had to be changed to another webhost, the links found by google search no longer work. Until the google search engine...
  9. S

Preping and painting SV wheel housing in trunk area

I am working on removing the paint and rust from the trunk area of my SV. I am using a combination of media blasting and a dual action sander. After this, I'll put down some primer and move to the next section of car. I'm farm out the top coats of paint. I have a concern about the area above...
  10. S

Looking for advice in replacing rear floor pans of an SV

At least one of the rear floor pans of my SV needs to be replaced. The fronts are solid so those don't need replacement. I have replacement pans and I want to tackle this myself (or am I nuts and should farm it out to a shop?). What I am looking for is some advice from anyone that has...
  11. S

Body work and making sure headlight mounts are correct

The body of the SV I am working on has the typical dents and dings from parking lots and low speed hits, all of which had been poorly worked (if at all) and filled with lots of body putty by the previous owner. I working on removing the existing body putty and properly hammering out the dents...
  12. S

SV Tachometer hums - is this normal?

I just finished rebuilding the Jaeger electronic tachometer from my SV using the article written by Tom Hayden (excellent work). I am in the process of calibrating the tach before installing it in the car. For a quick verification and adjustment at home (I'm going to use good test equipment...
  13. S

SV Heater valve cable routing and dash control mounting

I'm working on installing the heater controls in my SV and have a couple of questions. If I can get this going maybe I'll get another month of driving here in the Chicago area. Since I don't have the top or side windows installed yet I need to do something. 1. How does the heat control...
  14. S

Timing cover bolt locations on an SV

I'm putting the timing cover back on my SV 1725 engine after a rebuild and I'm trying to determine the correct location and orientation of the 4 bolts and nuts that attach the timing cover to the engine mounting plate. I took several pictures during disassembly and kept everything separated...
  15. S

Need SV front engine mounting plate

I'm looking for the front engine mounting plate for a SV 1725 engine. This is the plate that attaches to the front of the block under the timing chain cover and then has the rubber motor mounts attached. During engine re-assembly, I discovered the one I have must have gotten bent in a...
  16. S

SV Oil Sump Bolts/Studs and washers

I'm starting to re-assemble my SV engine. I ran into my first question while test fitting the oil sump (pan). When I originally took the sump off, I kept all of the parts together and took some pictures, but unfortunately not one showing the locations of the 2 long bolts, the 2 studs, the 2...
  17. S

Engine studs - reuse or replace - non-cylinder head

I'm getting ready to re-assemble my engine. One of the many item I have a question about are the mounting studs for the manifolds, themostat housing, rocker arm, rocker cover, and fuel pump. When they were removed, they received a little damage to the threads. I can use a thread chaser or a...
  18. S

Need an SV Fuel Pump Spacer

I'm getting my SV engine block back from the machine shop next week. I need a new fuel pump spacer so I can complete the assembly of the engine. I tried ordering one from SS, but they are out of stock. Does anyone have a spare fuel pump spacer, know where else to get one or make one, or...
  19. S

Parts compatibility between SIV and SV

I know there are several differences between the SIV and the SV: engine size, front Sunbeam logo, non-synchro on the early SIVs, how the Convertible top is stored, and some other minor items. Beyond this, how compatible are the rest of the body parts, interior parts, and mechanical...
  20. S

Determining if the frame can or needs to be restored

I have my engine out of my SV and I planned on sandblasting and painting the engine compartment. I knew my car had some body damage (been hit in the front, rust areas, etc) so I looked more at what problems I might face. I have some small rusted out area low rear areas of the fender, pin holes...