• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

Invasion Registration

I may come to the invasion. It will be a late decision based on the weather forecast since my car has only a tonneau to keep mother nature at bay. If I come it will be in my motor home with the car on a trailer. So, since I won't be staying at the hotel, how and who do I see to register? I will...
  2. H

1725 complete running motor

I've got one
  3. H

hood buffers

If I remember correctly, the rear two go into a threaded hole.
  4. H

Series 2 door rattle strips

Take a look at Restoration Specialties & Supply Inc. They carry all many types of this type of weatherstrip and fasteners.
  5. H

4-link rear suspension

I plan on building a 4 link for my car also. I have not even looked at it yet. I have built street rods before with both a parallel 4 link and a triangulated 4 link. The Sunbeam must wait its turn, though. Any photos and/or drawings would surely be helpful though. I have autocad 2004.
  6. H

1964 Series IV V6

I have had cars shipped before. One must be extremely careful in choosing a shipper. There are many shady characters in that business. Most are simply brokers and may lowball a price to get you to use them. Then they can't find anyone to haul it for the price they offered you. Of course they...
  7. H

Electric Fuel Pump and regulator

I think that this is the pump I am using. I shopped around and got it for around $75 if I remember correctly (and I may not, old age you know). It works good but be prepared for the noise. Its pretty LOUD.
  8. H

Color of ?

I'd like to know more about that tag light. I built some brackets and mounted my tag below the bumper but I haven't mounted a tag light yet.
  9. H

I'm not exactly sure

Saw this and am not exactly sure what it is http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/3018588179.html
  10. H

Schematics or details of resizing the M II differential.

The best way to do this is have the wheels and tires you want to use, place the in the fender wells where they fit best, and make an axle housing to fit between. You can purchase a housing made to your specs which includes new axles, bearings and seals for around $800. You can instead shorten or...
  11. H

Sunbeam Alpine HD Top Giveaway-Come and Get!

Do you still have this top? I could definitely use it since I have no top at all. I can come any time which is convenient for you to get it.
  12. H

Weber 32/36 Carb Help

I initially had a problem with my 36 DG weber dumping fuel into the manifold. I adjusted the float level and that cured it.
  13. H

V8 Alpine

Do you have any photos of your front and rear suspension? Do you have any design data or drawings? I am planning on designing and building my own front and rear suspensions. Any ideas or mistakes to avoid would help. This will be a first for me.
  14. H

suggested flare tool?

I redid my rear lines with a 37 deg flare. The origin of this is military spec. It is meant to be taken apart and reassembled many times without leaking. 45 deg automotive flares were developed to seal easily the first time on the assembly line. They will often leak if taken apart and...
  15. H

Dash interchangeablity question

What is your dash made of? Aluminum? Steel? I might be interested if you want to sell it. I was planning on making my own. Can you send me some photos?
  16. H

weber questions

Update. Changed to 60 idle jets. Car now idles and runs. Drove for the first time the other day. I hadn't driven an Alpine in about 40 years. I had one as my first car when I was 15. I don't remember it as being so slow and underpowered. What I do remember was beating the crap out of that car...
  17. H

Trunk panels

I don't claim to know, but my series 5 had the fuel tanks painted the original body color at some point. I discovered it when I removed them for stripping/cleaning. It looked like the first coat to me. I didn't see any black under it.
  18. H

Seat latch

I'm not sure when they were totally phased out. I had a 68 Norton Atlas That had lots of Whitworth hardware. Also a 71 BSA that had a few. I think just on the Amal carbs. So probably some manufacturers were slower to change than others. So if Rootes bought the seats from a supplier, British...
  19. H

Seat latch

If I remember correctly, BSF screw threads are a 50 degree thread. When I redid my seats I had to drill out several of the long screws. I thought that they were 1/4-28 NF threads. I tapped all the holes 1/4-28 and bought new socket head screws. They aren't easy to find though. 2 1/2 lnches long...
  20. H

weber questions

I was afraid that might be. I have had the carb off and replaced the base gasket so I don't think theres a leak there. I will investigate plugs in the manifold. But if it is the manifold to head gasket, how can I tell if there if there is a leak?