• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Heater valve series V

Looking for a working replacement heater valve for my series V. I bought a repop and it leaks like a sieve. Lease let me know what you might have. I’d be interested in the mounting hardware for it as well if available as mine is quite weathered. I’m in Alberta, Canada. thanks, Mike
  2. C

Removing rear dif breather

Hello everyone, Not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm wanting to remove and replace the breather on my series 5 rear differential. I'm pretty sure it is the original one that came with the car from new. When I attempt to grab it by the cap it just spins. If I lift the cap, there is...
  3. C

Wood wheel- turn signal arm clearance

Hey All, Has anyone had a problem with turn signal arm clearance after installing a new wood wheel and steering boss? I can't even get a finger between mine when steering without turning on the flashers. Thanks for any help. Mike
  4. C

2.8 V6 conversion fan and hardware- New

For Sale New: This is one of the Volvo fans with Dmich's mounting hardware for a 2.8 V6 conversion. Never used still in the box. Comes with instructions for install. $100 + shipping.
  5. C

Rev Limiter Setting MSD Ignition

Hey All, Still working on my 2.8 conversion. Just added an MSD 6AL module with adjustable rev limiter. Engine has the Offy 4V intake and 390 carb, Jose grind cam, headers, stock pistons etc. Nothing too outrageous for mods. I was wondering what I should be setting the limiter at...
  6. C

Throttle Linkage Question

Hello All, I'm at a point where I want to connect the pedal to the Holley carb on my 2.8 conversion, but I'm not quite sure where to go from here. My offy and carb were a used set that came with no linkage. Should I use a hot rod cable kit? How does it connect and to what at the pedal end? I...
  7. C

Turn signal arm repair

Hello All, Apparently, on my Canadian Series V Alpine, I have the turn signal lever with the brights flasher. I think it was also on the UK models. I went to take mine apart to do the repair with the SS repair kit, but when i removed the two screws, 3 springs, a plastic circle, a metal circle...
  8. C

Tbird driveshaft

I searched our local wrecker and they have a few tbirds in stock, so I thought I'd go this upcoming Saturday to get a driveshaft for my v6 conversion project. Before I get out there and possibly bring home the wrong one, I was hoping I could get info on which years work for this, plus anything...
  9. C

Factory Five Steering Wheel

I've been looking at a Factory Five wood steering wheel for my '67 Series V. Their price is really reasonable compared to the others I've seen for sale. Has anyone used one of these wheels, and if so did you need an adapter? Which adapter did you use? A part number and a source to get one would...
  10. C

Ranger/ BroncoII heads?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but will 2.8 Ranger/Bronco II heads fit an earlier '77 2.8 V6? Do they require modification? Thanks, Mike
  11. C

Ford 2.8 v6 ranger dipstick and tube

Does anyone have a dipstick tube and dipstick for a 2.8v6 for the rear sump ranger or bronco oil pan that they'd be willing to part with? Thanks, Mike
  12. C

2.8 v6 conversion questions

Hey All, Just a couple of questions as I start my 2.8 Ford V6 rebuild. I am using a '77 block and heads. 1. I know I am to move the dipstick location using the newer oil pan. Which dipstick and tube do i need to use? Later Ranger or earlier Mustang II? 2.The starter I have is off an...
  13. C

Dash template/tracing

Looking for a dashboard template/tracing. Full dash w/glovebox door. Thanks, Mike
  14. C

Plastic trim for around glove box needed

Hey guys, I would like to get my plastic dash put back together in my series V Alpine ASAP, but need the plastic trim for around my glove box. Hopefully someone out there has one available. Thanks, Mike.
  15. C

Glove box plastic trim needed

Hey guys, I would like to get my plastic dash put back together in my series V Alpine ASAP, but need the plastic trim for around my glove box. Hopefully someone out there has one available. Thanks, Mike.
  16. C

Trunk Lock assembly w/keys

Looking for anyone who might have a trunk lock assembly with key(s). My car's a series V. Thanks for any help. Mike
  17. C

Series V axle reinstall question

Hey guys, I've never done this before, so please excuse me if this question sounds silly. With the original O-rings on the axle bearings I could get the axle to slide in and out of the housing. I put new O-rings on the bearings and cannot get the bearing to slip into the axle housing. I've tried...
  18. C

ISO: Series V inner and outer axle slash guards

Hello All, Desperately looking to find inner and outer splash guards for my series V rear axle. They are NLA from sunbeam specialties. The guy who replaced the bearing in my car with the wrong one, damaged the outer one and did not install the inner one. I'm just about ready to install a...
  19. C

Wtb hardened woodruff keys

I'm looking for a pair of hardened woodruff keys. Kelly's supply has run dry, and I don't want to have to by a bag of 100 to get the two I need. I've checked locally with no luck. Please let me know if you have a pair you'd be willing to part with. Thanks. Mike
  20. C

Series V Alternator wanted

Looking for a good working alternator for my series V. Thanks, Mike