• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Rocker pedestals

This was just raised in the last thread. How many of us have had trouble with the OEM rocker pedestals and caps? I’ve had cap failures in two assemblies in a row. It’s hardly surprising – the cap design has a very thin portion close to where it bolts to the pedestal. It begs to fail, and does...
  2. F

Historic Winton 2022

Here’s a link to a 45 minute film about Australia’s 2022 Historic Winton meeting, showcasing this highlight of Australian historic racing. At 21:56 there is a two minute segment on the Group S category, which includes a few racing shots of my Series V. The Winton event is the reason I want to...
  3. F

MLS head gaskets

Hello all, Has anyone had Cometic Gaskets or any other manufacturer custom make modern MLS head gaskets for our hard working Alpines? Expensive, I should think, but might be a better bet. David
  4. F

Weber Compliance Australia?

Does anyone know whether approval has ever been given in Australia (Motorsport Australia or CAMS) for variation from Motorsport Aus Series V specification to allow use of Weber DCOE 40's in substitution for Stromberg 150 CD's in a car for which a Group S logbook is sought? I'm looking for help...
  5. F

Series V oil cooler

Can anybody sell and send me (to Aus) one of these? I guess a non-standard option might work better but I'll use an original one if I can get it. Thanks David
  6. F

Overdrive or shafts wanted

I am having my Series V gearbox rebuilt after a couple of previous efforts have not been quite right. I am told that the two shafts in the overdrive unit are twisted. I once had a brand-new overdrive unit, which I let go with a dismantled Series I. More fool me! Does anyone have overdrive...
  7. F

Rear brake lever with extension

I'm looking for a Series V LHS wheel cylinder lever with the extension which engages with the wheel cylinder adjuster wheel. Can anyone help? Photo shows broken LH unit and intact right hand unit. Thanks David Whittle