• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Bumper overrider - just info for another forum member

Bumper overrider - just info for another forum member

Nothing exciting here folks. Just posting a photo so another member can reference a bumper modification.
  2. RMVR - Steamboat Springs

RMVR - Steamboat Springs

Rocky Mt Vintage Racing - Steamboat Springs
  3. I

Lot of parts

I should have been more specific re my asking about bumper overriders; the style I'm after are the later Series as pictured. Condition is not important as I intend to slightly modify them for a different bumper and have them rechromed along with the bumpers. Thanks, Tony.
  4. I

Lot of parts

I'm fully aware that bumper parts are not on your list but, by chance, do you have a set (or at least 3) bumper guards/overriders?
  5. I

IMP on EBay

I believe this is the 3rd time it's been posted, it not having met reserve the first two times. And the second listing produced a high bid around $5800. No offense, but that is one tired looking Imp to me. I see an original car that has received a paint job and not much else. All the weather...
  6. I

'65 Alpine in Maine - $850

Oh but for just a little more room in my garage, I buy this in a heartbeat. No financial interest, yada, yada. http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/4578215507.html
  7. I

IRS in an Alpine?

It's been about 30 yrs and consequently, I don't recall the details but I modified an IRS out of an early rear wheel drive Maxima to fit my now long gone SV. The beauty of the Nissan system was that the half shafts utilized two U-joints each with a sliding joint in between; no constant velocity...
  8. I

Very Personalized 1967 EBAY Alpine

What's up with the front suspension? I haven't owned an Alpine for many yrs but I don't recall the X-member looking like that. And there appears to be a tie rod end in front of the axle, not behind. If not original, does anyone know what front end mods this car has?
  9. I

Merkur Scorpio V6?

Contemplating acquiring another Alpine (having been without for about 18 yrs) and the car I'm looking at will need a thorough restoration. My last Alpine had a 2.8L V6, 4 spd, and narrowed early Nissan Maxima rear end, the combination of which made for an enjoyable ride. Having also owned a...
  10. I

And it comes with a mixer.........

The Top Gear episode wherein they drive (and continuously flip over) a Reliant Robin comes vividly to mind....
  11. I

This goes in the "other discoveries" section

Yeah, but.... when the car was all used up, you could recyle the trunk hinges on the fence gate to your back yard.
  12. I

SII with hardtop inTexas-$2200

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/3353574971.html
  13. I

1966 Sunbeam Imp for sale

I'd be interested in hearing what is known by others about the car. Have kinda had the itch for another Imp of late. Tony
  14. I

Hood availability?

Greetings, I've been without an Alpine for close to 15 years and am once again getting the itch to park one in the garage. Being located in the northeast, the cost of transporting a clean car to my corner of the world adds to the overall total cost quickly. Therefore, I've been watching the...
  15. I

Could have potential

I looked at this car several months ago when the price on Craigslist was at $2000. Was surprised to find a rather complete car. Chrome looked fair to good and all of it was there. Even the grille badge looked good. However, there was fiberglass in the floor pans and the shape of the rockers...