• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Tiger on craigslist

1965 Sunbeam Tiger "Certified" - $149000 (Portage, In) Can't paste the direct link, but there it is.
  2. M

Induction manifold locating rings

I'm currently in the process of replacing all oil gaskets and seal around my 1725 engine. Part of this process includes the manifold gaskets. In doing so I have noticed my Stromberg manifold is missing the 2 locating rings on ports 1 & 4. Does anyone have a pair they can spare? Thanks in advance
  3. M

suggestion for additional resources

Many many members of this group have fantastic and priceless photographic records of their projects, their stripdowns, restos, rebuilds and other projects with many guys more than happy to share them in many threads for the benefit of others. I would like to suggest that this website provide a...
  4. M

Installing retractable seat belts

I'm planning on installing a set of retractable seat belts in my SV and was wondering what others experiences and recommendations might be. For instance did you mount the reel on the floor or wheel arch? Did you consider raising the wheel arch anchor point to minimize the spine compression issue...
  5. M

ford v6 engine number location

Can anyone help with the likely location of the engine number stamping on the ford mustang v6?
  6. M

substitute clutch parts

Does anyone know if an MG B clutch plate will fit a SV? I've been looking at kits for the B and they look very similar even down to the thrust bearing having the correct retaining clip holes on the end of the pivot. They are also much cheaper than "Sunbeam" parts
  7. M

SV soft top boot straps

I'm looking for a good pair of these straps seen here in this pic. They attach to the sheet metal for the top stowage bin and support the boot. Thanks
  8. M

Fitting a tonneau cover

I'm in the process of converting my SV GT to a roadster with a soft top. I'm also fitting a tonneau cover and went hunting for the 4 holes in the dash scuttle to mount lift a dot pins. Can't find them. Pocked around with a fine pin through the dash top material, looked from underneath. Don't...
  9. M

lowering SV frontend

ok so everyone I've asked agrees, if you want to lower the front suspension on an Alpine, put in shorter springs. Easy. Got some S3 springs which are full 1" shorter than stock SV springs and put in good hour and a half installing same. Dropped the car onto the newly shortened front end, full...
  10. M

Rear brakes binding

Got into my SV at the weekend, the first time for a few months, and couldn't drive off in 1st gear. The rear brakes had jammed on. Selected reverse and applied some power then first again and bang, I was away. I noticed on the last few runs that after applying the brakes, the rear seems to hang...
  11. M

Softening harden rubber

Does anybody have a simple way of rejuvinating hardered rubber hoses? I just bought a very hard to get flame trap hose for my twin CD150's. While the hose is in good condition it's fairly hard/stiff and I'm hoping to return it to it's former pliable self before using on the car.
  12. M

Lister Tiger

I just uploaded some images to the Tiger gallery but keep getting errors so didn't think they worked.The images are in the gallery, multiple times I'm afraid so maybe an Admin can fix that?:D
  13. M

clutch issue

I have recently reinstalled my gearbox using a new friction plate but original pressure plate and thrust washer. I'm a little concerned that the clutch doesn't fully engage until the pedal is at the top of its travel giving the impression that it is slipping a little. This is bourne out by a...
  14. M

Converting wires to bolt ons

I'm considering converting my SV from wire wheels to bolt on hubs and would like to know which model Hillmans would be compatible with SV rear axles etc. Front hubs are not a issue as far as i know but rears are with the beefier SV axles etc. Cheers and thanks
  15. M

Australian F1 Grand Prix

Hi Beamers, Our club here in Australia, The Sunbeam and Talbot Car Club of Victoria, have be selected to provide cars for the March 2012 F1 GP drivers parade lap. 28 car are to be submitted for approval of which 22 will be selected. Selection criteria is no roll bars, steel wheels or oil leaks...
  16. M

Licence plate mount on valance

I've just noticed on my newish late SV that the valance doesn't have the usual mounting points for the licence plate. Was there a change on later SV's or has my valance been replaced with a fabricated unit where this detail was omitted?
  17. M

Distributor alignment problem

I feel sure this issue/question has been asked/answered before but due to the anomalies of the search engine on this site I felt it would be easier to ask it again. I'm fitting a Petronix distributor to my SV engine and in doing so have discovered that the dissy drive shaft is not installed...
  18. M

Alpine wheel stud pattern

What is the the stub pattern size. My quick measurement says PCD of 110 so 4x 110? I see lots of modern cars with 4 x100 and 4 x 114.3 but very few if any with 4 x 110
  19. M

Water pump rebuild

How practical is it to rebuild a SV water pump? I'm notice mine has noisy bearings and while I have 'that end of the car' dismantled figured it was prudent to make it right. What special tools do I need to rebuild it if any and what else should I consider while I have it off the car? Thanks in...
  20. M

Differential oil seal

Is it possible to replace the front oil seal without dismantling the entire diff/axle setup? I.E. can the prop shaft coupling be removed and the seal replaced from the outside?