• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Le Mans Tiger

Le Mans Tiger

another..
  2. LeMans Tiger - Photo's Circa 1973

LeMans Tiger - Photo's Circa 1973

Came across these pics of a Le Mans Lister Tiger taken at Sandown Race track, Melbourne in 1973. These images have been missing for a couple of decades but resurfaced in a clean up recently
  3. A pretty sight indeed

A pretty sight indeed

a few of the 27 cars, Alpines and Tiger at the 2012 Australian F1 GP
  4. A pretty sight indeed

A pretty sight indeed

a few of the 27 cars, Alpines and Tiger at the 2012 Australian F1 GP
  5. My SV with Mark Webber aboard

My SV with Mark Webber aboard

At the 2012 Australian F1 GP
  6. Series 5 GT in Australia

Series 5 GT in Australia

my new SR 5 GT the day I picked it up
  7. M

Tiger on craigslist

1965 Sunbeam Tiger "Certified" - $149000 (Portage, In) Can't paste the direct link, but there it is.
  8. M

alpine parts

Looking for a LHS door handle key escushion or entire handle if not willing to seperate. Thsnks
  9. M

I think I may have screwed up, help!

Just a club thing but not too to make yourself if you have a welder and some cutting tools, but it seems there are local options available.
  10. M

I think I may have screwed up, help!

I can't see your photos cause I'm not a snapfish guy, but from your description it sounds like you have broken the top off the threaded pin. Getting these joints apart is a real bitch. One guy in our club made a special tool for the job. It's a piece a steel tubing about 2" long with a cap...
  11. M

I saw this down at amelia island could not belive it

Ask them directly, they are on facebook. Rootes Archive Centre Trust. And as for the car itself it's got a lot of quality issues i reckon, panel fit, trim fit, paint and that's just from the photos supplies. In the flesh I reckon you could find many more. Not worth that kind of money in my book
  12. M

Cam Question

nice work mike. :)
  13. M

Rootes gearlock key

Hi Pete, I have a shift lock fitted to my SV and would love to get an original blank if possible. If you turn them up please consider sending one to OZ
  14. M

Cam Question

There is a document floating around the net, a copy of which I have that i'm happy to share, that goes into some detail about the cams used in our engines, in particular the 1725 and other English engines, that you might find useful. I'll email it if you want a copy.
  15. M

Upper/Lower Ball Joint Replacement Process

IIRC there is a C clip that holds the upper ball joint on place. I'm guessing the spot welds ppl are referring to are a substitute for the C clip but I think the C clip is a simpler method.
  16. M

Bad Gear Set from SS

Not entirely related to this thread but I also have a very noisy diff in my SV GT with OD. After an unsuccessful search locally for a replacement and no guarantees another used unit would be any better than what I already have I decided to follow the lead of a fellow club member and install a...
  17. M

Help

For us non USA residents i assume zddp is lead replacement product? In AUS if you have an head without hardened valve seats then a lead additive is essential with unleaded fuels. We also have an E85 product but fortunately also have 95 and 98 octane leadfree fuels as well as standard unleaded...
  18. M

1965 Series IV GT

Great project for someone if the price is right. And it's a genuine GT car which if I'm not mistaken is quite rare in the USA as most Alpines sent to the the States were the ragtops
  19. M

Dash gauges

Also there are 2 rubber rings, a circle profile one between the the chrome ring and glass and another with square profile between the glass and the gauge faceplate. Over time these deteriorate and often "glue" themselves to the surfaces they are in contact with making the the removal of the...
  20. M

Sunbeam Apline IV

Order some SV badges as well when you get the other bits you need. It's clearly a Series V. That is all!!!