• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Clutch And Cover

I have a clutch and borg&beck cover from victoria british for sale. I put it in then decided to do the v6 swap, less than 60 miles on them. I will show pictures as requested. particulars: 10 spline 8" friction disk 6 bolt 6 spring. They show very little ware and are in like new condition. They...
  2. C

mercury calipers

I just got done installing the 76 capri calipers on the alpine. It went so easy, the only thing was to drill the calipers for the alpine pad rods with a 1/4" drill the capri rods are smaller. I ordered the 10mm to 3/8 fittings from summit and the calipers from rock auto. Not a bad exchange for...
  3. C

T5 rebuild

I finely got to do the rebuild on the t5 last week. I just needed time to pull it all out and open it up to diagnose the problem. Some one was in it before, the second syncro had no fiber on the outer cone and the whole syncro was loose and not engaged to the outer cone tangs...they were worn...
  4. C

V6 Break In Progress

Hi Guys, Just wanted to share a little information on my conversion. I've got 432 miles on it, and today was the first time on the interstate and it handled the trucks in fine form. 60 to 65 mph read 2500 to 2800 on the tach, 70 mph was a dead 3000, and with the 4:11 gearing in the 8"...
  5. C

Fan Clearence

I pulled a good one today, hooked up every thing but the speed sensor not here yet. I did some close to home drives... did ok till I got into it just a little then the fan clipped the rad top tank enough to take peices out of 3 blades. I had just over 1/4" room fan to tank, not enough!!! no...
  6. C

series IV parts

I am near completion on a v6 conversion and have a 1592 with a solex two bbl carb, tranny,drive shaft, and rear end. The clutch pressure plate and throw out brng have 150 miles on them and 66,ooo miles original on the rest. the 4spd is not sincro in first. I also have a good original dash with...
  7. C

It's Finaly In

Hello Darkside; Well It's really in not fired yet, waiting on the tach, but in none the less. I have'nt painted the alt. but had to fit it up and will pull it and paint it before I finish.
  8. C

Slave cyl travel

Hi guys, Have to ask a question. How far does the wilwood slave cyl actually travel in normal use? I know the advertized travel is 1&3/8 inch, will a one inch travel do? The clutch only needs abt 1/2 inch to release. I'm looking at a speedway unit. Coupe
  9. C

offy intake bolts

Hi Guys, working on the v6 finally, I have to locate metric socket manifold bolts for the lower half. Have any of you had to do this? My v6 is from a capri and my stock of metric hardware is getting short. The heads are on and the rockers are loose on top, offy is on but not fully bolted...
  10. C

coated hedders

Hi guys, been searching the posts but can't find the one that talks abt. not breaking in the cam with coated hedders. Maybe I really didn't read it but just thought I did. Any way that is what I've been told cause it holds in too much heat, is that the train of thought? I don't see the basis...
  11. C

How to build & mod book

Hi all on the darkside, Thought I would spread the good fortune around a little. I purchased the book by Sven Pruett for $ 100, I would like to know if any one wants it for $80.00 + shipping? I used it for my build info and thought I got $ 20.00 of info so why not give someone a break on the...
  12. C

Dark Side Pix

Well the weather finally got better this sunday. I decided to get out and put the rear together and bolt it in and fit the trans too. I wanted to see if the shock mts. were welded in right and how the tunnel fit. One more bearing to press on the axle and heat matt to install, then the carpets...
  13. C

cooling

I got into a discussion with a friend about cooling, he asked me why not an electric fan setup for cooling, like he did on his kit cobra, I had no reply and turn to you for an answer. Why haven't you used a couple of 8" fans pushing instead of the 240 fan? His mg has two stock fans on the front...
  14. C

parts

I wanted to drop a line. I have been in conversation with a Gent in wisconsin and he has just short of 3 complete 2.8 mustang engine and trans and drive lines in his garage and wants to be rid of them!!!!! I got permission to post his mail remad@bytehead.com his name is Daryl don't let them get...
  15. C

1st fit

Hi to the dark side! Finally the rear mount from summit came today, it took abt. 2 1/2 hrs to fit the mixer for the first try. The tunnel seemed wide enough at first but the ears needed to be trimmed. The rest was the same pluck and stuff till it mounted up, sure felt good to get a real start...
  16. C

Eleceric Speedo

Hi Guys, I'm looking for info on what elec. speedo is being used with the t5. Which model is most compatible for the swap? Thanks Joe
  17. C

Cams

Hi guys, I need more info. I have a t5 '96' with a new hurst shifter on top, do I need the other type with stops? I have looked at the posts on porting and cams ect. How far out do I have to go to run a 390? I would like a little lope at idle but good response and not be to radical on...
  18. C

8" rear

Well I just picked up an 8" rear, now I remember something abt tapered tubes. I sure hope I didn't do all that work getting it out only to have pulled the wrong one! Does the tapered tube unit work ok or do I have to go on the hunt again? I still have no bell in my hands as of yet, but the...
  19. C

V6 Mod

Well gents, I have started down the dark path, found a capri v6 and now the questions begin. I know why a 96 or later t5.. most of the strength mods and not the longer shaftand longer bell for the shifter placement in the mustang and more of them on the market. Why the mustang bell, if the...
  20. C

Is it worth it?

Hi guys; I'm new here and I've had my series IV for 26 yrs. Had a series II in 68 before nam and family sold it for parts before I got back. Any way how many, and this prob is dumb to ask, think it's worth the cost to v6 an alpine. How can it possibly retain any value if moded so much...