• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. T

Painting the chassis

i'm going to send my Series 1 into the shop for a paint job. The chassis will be on a rotisserie with the doors, trunk lid and hood removed but to be painted also. I see that a lot of owners, on repaints, have the whole underside painted the same color as the rest of the car and I am wondering...
  2. T

Series V gearbox

Looking for an operational O/D gearbox for my Series V.
  3. T

Hand brake

The PO fiddled with or broke the emergency brake set up on the differential on my series v and I can't figure out from the workshop manual what is missing and how it is suppose to be set up. Does anyone have a good photo of the actuator on the diff. thanks,
  4. T

Pistons

I'm looking for a set of higher compression pistons for a standard bore 1725 motor (or, on the chance that there aren't any around and if someone is feeling very charitable, the spec sheet for ordering some from Venolia or another shop).
  5. T

vin numbers

I'm looking at a car, but am not quite satisfied that it's legit. Can anyone direct me to the place where I can find a registry of the VIN/SAL/serial numbers? Thanks.
  6. T

Carburation

conventional wisdom for a 2.8 conversion calls for a 390 CFM Holley. I have buddies who swear by Edelbrock carbs and claim things like "If they don't work right out of the box, you can send them back" etc. I see that there is a 500 cfm (the smallest) 4 barrel Edelbrock that has a lot of...
  7. T

Floor pans

Any good ideas for replacements for rusty floor pans in a series V? I'd like to cut out and weld in a factory looking replacement.
  8. T

window rubber trim

I serviced the window regulators that were caked with old dried out grease and noticed that the windows rattle around in their channels, both up and down. I'm thinking the Prior owner omitted some rubber trim stuff and so I ordered the fuzzy strips and some sealer strip stuff but I can't see how...
  9. T

what is it?

On a series 1 motor, behind the Generator down on the block, round, brass looking with a pretty heavy wire. Looks like it would take about 1 1/4 inch wrench. The only thing I can think of is an oil pressure sending unit.??
  10. T

Intake manifold gasket

I'm in the process of getting the 2.8 ready and took off the stock intake manifold. The spot in the gasket where water port for #6 cylinder from the block to the manifold was not cut out, blocking the port. Does anyone know if this is correct and, if so, why?
  11. T

Wire wheels

My wires were on their way out, bent spokes, some ovaling of the rims, so I ordered a set from Motorsport Wheels in the UK. I had heard that MGB 14 inch wires would work but the person I spoke to at Motorsport said they do not recommend mixing up brands and couldn't or wouldn't tell me that...
  12. T

What is ist

Can anyone identify this? http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/(KGrHqIOKjgE23CK(tVPBN5u7o64jg~~/s-l500.jpg
  13. T

Tiger?

At the risk of having someone "scoop" me on it, can anyone tell me if this looks like a real Tiger? http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/tricities-pitt-maple/sunbeam-tiger/1007212919?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  14. T

oil filter mishap

I admit it was cold yesterday but when I started the motor, it seemed to take a while to catch and I had trouble finding the right choke setting, when blam! I thought it was a backfire. When I pulled out of the garage I saw a puddle and thought "what the heck is that"? As it turns out it was the...
  15. T

Series V front hubs

I'm Looking for a set of 4 bolt front hubs, trying to convert from wires to Panasports. Good condition and good price preferred.
  16. T

3.70 rear end

I don't remember how it came about but I was thinking of ways to reduce the engine speed on the highway and remember an article somewhere about installing a 3.70 rear end. I have a series V with overdrive and want a little less activity under the hood at 70 mph. I am told that you need a little...
  17. T

Series V Brakes

My old Gerling servo is done for. I want to run without a servo and saw some threads that talk about going to a Summit Racing Master cylinder. I couldn't find anything that looked right on their web page. Can anyone put me onto the right one? I just istalled a new M/C from Sunbeam Specialties (I...
  18. T

A series I

In 1967 I had a '60 series I but sold it to go to college. I want one now. Fair price paid for a series I that can be driven as is, preferably with a hard top.
  19. T

Weber 32/26 DGV

I can't seem to find any info about what is a good baseline jetting for a Weber 32/36 DGV (manual choke) for an otherwise stock series V. I know I'm not the first one to to do this conversion and was hoping to possibly avoid a lot of trial and error. Any suggestions/experience would be welcome...
  20. T

14" wheels

I'm going to swap out my wires for mags and wanted to go from 13 inch to 14 (or 15) and run a 185/80 tire for a little higher ratio (I dont care about speedo error). I see that Sunbeam Specialties has a 14 x 5.5 Minilite for $360.00 each (whew!). There are a number of threads that deal with this...