• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. T

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

Do you still have a 1725 motor for sale?
  2. T

Overdrive problem

Agree, the solenoid is bad. Current flow through devices heats things up and as the internals expand with the heat they make unwanted contact and short out.
  3. T

weak heater blower

In a 1960 review of the new Sunbeam Alpine in Popular Mechanics, Tom MacHill said that the heater blower in the car was like "a mouse blowing on your foot". That has been my experience and unlike Mark and Mike I think the fan is, in a word, pathetic and never did work fine but I guess it's...
  4. T

Stromberg gushing

Once in a while I have had the carb overflow because of a stuck float and a sharp rap on the side of the carb cures it. It could be crud in the needle assembly, a bad float or wear on the float hinge, but, for me, the long term solution is to take off the carb, clean everything, test and then...
  5. T

Tricks to installing Doors

Would it help to scribe the location of the hinges on the body and the door before you remove them?
  6. T

Weber 40 DCOE mods for more flow

Doesn't all this depend on whether or not the tightest restriction in intake tract is the venturi? So, if the manifold runners or intake port on the head are only 38mm, for example, then isn't a 45 venturi too large for that? I wonder if the Ford X head in the video has at least 45mm I/D all the...
  7. T

Weber DCOE40

Carbs sold yet? If not, your best price?
  8. T

Dual Carbs from a couple of my Sunbeam Alpines

Make an offer? What will you take (shipping included)?
  9. T

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

I thought the final word on this, after Svend Pruit, was a 4 barrel Holly 360 cfm on a Offy split plane manifold ?
  10. T

To store or keep operational

With the Alpine, as well as the motorcycles, I like to start and run them until they show a decent reading on the temp gauge and then a few minutes after that. I keep a smart charger on the batteries and add either Seafoam or Stabil to the gas. I don't cover them because mice seem to like...
  11. T

eurethra
  12. T

When I look at the sketch it seems to me that the tightest restriction is in the area indicated by the red arrows (see my sketch). Don't you think that to increase flow you should remove the material shaded in red or are you worried that you will lose the venturi vaccuum?
  13. T

Don’t change 1725 Oil… when hot?

Well, we were always told to drain oil hot to ensure that the suspended contaminants didn't have time to settle to the bottom and were flushed out. So it didn't have so much to do with hot versus cold but to ensure that the oil was still freshly agitated. Also, we were told to pull the coil...
  14. T

Faulty flasher unit base

I'd cut the wires to get it out of the car (You can put connectors on the wire ends later) then carefully dremel off the rivet flange and pull that base off. What I think you'll see inside is that one of the wires, which were probably soldered to the connectors, has corroded. After you reattach...
  15. T

Painting the chassis

thanks for that.
  16. T

Painting the chassis

i'm going to send my Series 1 into the shop for a paint job. The chassis will be on a rotisserie with the doors, trunk lid and hood removed but to be painted also. I see that a lot of owners, on repaints, have the whole underside painted the same color as the rest of the car and I am wondering...
  17. T

Won't Idle Properly

yes, and probably a good idea to look at the color of the spark plugs. If they are white, it might confirm it. If they are black, then it's likely something else?
  18. T

Ballast Needed with Pertronix Ignitor?

I thought my Petronix came with instructions to ditch the resistor. I did and the car ran and started better than ever. Or maybe it was the coil, I also installed the hotter coil.
  19. T

14 inch alloy wheels for sale

I assume the bolt pattern is the same as the Alpine?
  20. T

1592 for Racing

A bit off topic, but does anyone have a source for flat top pistons? I did the Vizard on my series V head and want to get some of the compression back.