• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Mike O'D

Nicole Johnson

Just saw an episode where she was at Willow Springs driving a 427 Cobra and passed an orange big fin Alpine!
  2. Mike O'D

Bimini Top.

I just finished building this sun shade Bimini top for my Alpine. Keeps the buffeting down when driving on the highway too. Material is outdoor mesh used for patio furniture seats and umbrellas.
  3. Mike O'D

Sunbeam Specialties.

Placed an order and received confirmation along with this - "SUNBEAM SPECIALTIES IS FOR SALE. If you have some money to invest in a great business and want to turn your hobby into your vocation, then please contact Rick McLeod here. If you know another auto related business that can take it...
  4. Mike O'D

Alpine on Top Gear - UK

They were doing a James Bond cars segment. Beautiful car - bashed a little for having only 80 hp.
  5. Mike O'D

Oil Cooler

In case anyone was wondering - this is how much oil stays in the stock oil cooler when doing an oil change. I would guess it to be about 1/2 quart.
  6. Mike O'D

British Car Day in Hudson, OH

215 cars registered for the event. Amazing variety of stuff. Only 4 Rootes group cars in attendance - my S3, Bill Hodge's beautiful SIV with V6 conversion (green car with bonnet open), a green SV (behind the SIV) and a black Tiger. My S3 got first place.
  7. Mike O'D

Vintage Races at Put-in-Bay.

Went to the car show portion of this event yesterday (9/21). Lucked out with the weather and didn't get wet. Different story today for the races - supposed to rain all day. Met forum member Puff and his wife on the ferry boat over in the morning - great people. Lots of great old sports and...
  8. Mike O'D

Local Car Show

This was a car show at a local (Elyria, OH) Chevy dealership. Over 700 cars. Nice Alpine at the end (mine!). Sunnyside Chevrolet 10th Annual Car Show! - YouTube
  9. Mike O'D

Mid Ohio Vintage Races and British Car Show.

I attended the show and races on Saturday (6/26). Weather cooperated and it was a good time. Only 3 Series Alpines - my S3, a BRG SIV and BRG SV. Also in attendance was a fastback Alpine belonging to a former forum member. Picture of me and my wife on the track for the parade laps.
  10. Mike O'D

Oil Cooler Drain.

I have never been happy about dirty oil being held in the oil cooler and lines. I decided to drill and tap the right side 90 degree fitting and install a plug. See the attached pictures of the drain plug and how much dirty oil is held in the cooler and hoses - I'd say about a quart. Mike
  11. Mike O'D

Stereo Install.

Spent some time over the holidays installing a stereo in the Alpine. Metal box with 3 D printed hinged cover plate. The cover has 2 small magnets to keep it closed. Sprayed everything with crinkle paint and then glued a fender script (had broken off pins but otherwise in good shape) to the...
  12. Mike O'D

Casting Parts.

Interesting, but probably only makes sense if it's something that isn't being reproduced - or you just love making stuff. https://classicmotorsports.com/articles/how-cast-new-badge-8-steps/
  13. Mike O'D

Alpine in the background.

Check out the video - at 1:05 there is a blue Alpine in the background. https://classicmotorsports.com/video/video-be-it-cable-racing-or-tether-racing-heres-how-go-150-mph-circle/
  14. Mike O'D

New Wheels.

I was unable to find a set of used alloy wheels, so ended up purchasing a new set from John Brown Wheels in the UK. They are 13 X 5.5" Minilites and look to be very good quality. 4 wheels, chrome lug nuts and chrome valve stems plus shipping from UK was about $430. A terrific value in my...
  15. Mike O'D

Wheels.

Maybe a long shot, but before I go buy new wheels, does anyone have a set of 13" X 5.5" minilite/panasport style wheels they want to sell? Thanks. Mike
  16. Mike O'D

Steel Wheel Hub.

Looking for 1 rear steel wheel hub for SII - S3. Thanks. Mike
  17. Mike O'D

Front End Alignment.

The manual calls for a toe in of 1/8" which goes on to say that is equivalent to 17' of angle between the wheels. 17' of angle is .2833 degrees. A tire would have to have a diameter over 25" to have 1/8" be equal to .2833 degrees and you would have to be measuring from the very outside edges...
  18. Mike O'D

Tiger on Counting Cars.

Saw it on the episode last night. I don't know if it was a new or old show. I'm not a Tiger expert, but it seemed like a pretty well informed discussion.
  19. Mike O'D

Article from Hagerty.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/rides-from-the-readers-1963-sunbeam-alpine/
  20. Mike O'D

S3 OD Speedometer.

Anyone have one they would be willing to part with? Thanks. Mike