• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Gunson colortune and Weber conversion

Going to grab a Gunson colortune to help better tune my 66 after converting to the Weber 32/36 and Alpine Innovations manifold. Reading the most of the old threads it was generally recommend to grab two of the colortunes and put one on cyl #1 and the other on #4. That made sense when when trying...
  2. F

Transmission "refresh" parts list

The rebuilt motor for my 66 SV arrived this week from the machinist and my TTV light flywheel should be here next week. My gearbox has been a bit more leaky than normal the last year so while the motor is out I'm pull it and the OD and replacing all the seals. Could use some help putting...
  3. F

Valve cover torque specs

Can someone share the valve cover torque specs? Replacing the gasket and I have searched the workshop manual, the forums, and the tech articles and I must be losing my mind as I don’t see them listed anywhere ‍♂️
  4. F

Final word on tubular headers?

Back when my SV motor was stock I read all the posts I could find on the tubular headers SS carries, which I believe were/are made by Falcon. Long story short most felt the stock headers were a good design and the the expense of the tubular headers would not be justified by a few HP gain. Fast...
  5. F

sunbeamparts.net ?

Does anyone know if this website is legit? https://www.sunbeamparts.net/ No contact info on the site makes me very suspicious
  6. F

Alpine V oil filler pipe

Looking for the tall (with outlet for the tube to the Strombergs) oil filler pipe. Thanks! -Brian
  7. F

US source source for gauge bezel/glass/gaskets

Pulling my dash here soon and figured it was a good time to refresh the guages. Looks like there are quite a few sources on the other side of the pond but not finding much state side. Any recomendations?
  8. F

Oil gauge engine block fitting

Need the oil gauge engine block fitting and the pipe. Really I need all the bits that’s that go between the block and the flexible oil gauge line. Thanks!
  9. F

Vizard before and after chamber volumes

I need to get some numbers to my machinist to verify the vizard mod was done correctly and I was hoping someone can check my math. Unfortunately I did not measure the chambers and 240z valvles have been installed as well which requires opening up the chambers slightly. From reading numerous...
  10. F

Replacing spring on hood/bonnet latch

Wondering if anyone has successfully replaced the spring on the hood latch assembly? I had to access the heater core over the weekend and figured it was a good time to clean up the heater core cover and latch assembly. Turns out that the 56 years of accumulated crud was the only thing holding...
  11. F

Vent rod guide brackets?

Was wondering if someone would be so kind as to post up some pictures of the the brackets/guides that the fresh air vent rods go through? I need to see what the tabs look like and how/where they mount under the dash. I didn't realize that my 66 SV had the fresh air vents until I was rummaging...
  12. F

Tire size for spare?

Could folks share what tire size you used on your spare that fits in the recess? Mine is so old it doesn't have the size written on it anywhere. Thanks in advance!
  13. F

Factory original tan interior sample?

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a small piece of the factory original tan interior vinyl? Looking for a piece that I can take to an upholstery to try to find a close match.
  14. F

How to identify heads?

I was wondering if there is a guide or trick to identifying which engine a head came off of? I’ve got two spares I’m looking to sell and want to make sure I’m listing them correcting. One is stamped 1980987, 4H66, then AM. The other is stamped 1980813, 4F62, then AM2. Any help would be greatly...
  15. F

Source for flat top pistons 0.020

1725cc rebuild is almost complete (Vizard mod, 240z valves, custom rods, KB grind cam) but having a heck of a time sourcing flat top pistol a for 0.020 bore. Ordered from JE Pistons and they have screwed up twice now, the second set are a thousandth off. Who else is out there? Compression is...
  16. F

SS headers vs exhaust manifold on stock 1725cc

File this under "since I have it already apart I might as well..." I am currently in the process of swapping out carbs and manifold so I figured this would be as good a time as any to pull the stock exhaust manifold and downpipes and have them ceramic coated. Previous owner had the exhaust from...
  17. F

Parts worth having a spare?

A friend of the family is going to be selling off their SV as a parts car and said I could grab anything I needed before it went. My 66 is pretty complete but I’m wondering I should start hoarding a few of the expensive or hard to find things. The only thing that comes to mind right now is maybe...
  18. F

SV Flame trap

Looking for a flame trap in good condition, mine was missing when I bought the car. Thanks!
  19. F

Need help with To Do List after long term storage

Hi everyone, long time no post! I'm finally pulling my 66 SV out of a 6 year (unintentional storage). My father, who owned one in the 70's, will be out visiting for a week to help me get her back running again. Before storage she ran great except for a leaking clutch slave cylinder and...
  20. F

SV front and rear spring specs

It's way past time for new shocks on my 66 so while everything is torn apart I was going to have my suspension guys replace the front coil and rear leaf springs. Checking this site's data sheet for that sort of thing I notice it is incomplete for the Series V. Does anyone have these specs? Are...