• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Jimjordan2

Clutch MC or Slave

I have a 67 Series V, the New Clutch MC and New Slave Cyl. now have 6500 miles on them. Using standard whatever # fluid. After sitting for about two months while I was installing the new dash, the clutch would operate only with the pedal all the way to the floor. Plenty of fluid, No leaks. I...
  2. Jimjordan2

Rear Center Trim Strip, Series V

Hello all. My friends upholsterer lost the Rear Center Trim Strip. The long piece of three that holds the vinyl top to the body. He's in the Chatsworth CA. area if that matters. Well, maybe it does if a "Good Buddy Neighbor" has an extra one. Anyway, I suggested that he could probably make one...
  3. Jimjordan2

Slotted trim ring wanted.

Still looking for one or two slotted trim rings in nice condition. don't need perfect, but would like nice. Need one for my spare tire.
  4. Jimjordan2

Rear hub installation.

Ready to install my rear hubs. Everything on the rear end and axle assemblies have been installed back on the car. Differential, driveshaft, axles, backing plates, brakes. I just now need to put the hubs on. What's the best method of installation. Try to push it on using the main nut, or use a...
  5. Jimjordan2

Just sharing my project.

NOT talking politics. So the weather was still too hot to work outside, but I was able to work in the shed with the fan on and my "oops" off. Sorry, just a shirt. I mean no shirt. Never mind. I think I had mentioned that I had gotten a wood dash. Yes, I remember I did, because I was wondering if...
  6. Jimjordan2

Wood dash.

Recently came across a wood dash, and as I was working on the finish, I was just curious as to how crude this one is made. Is this normal, or is it a hand made one by someone?
  7. Jimjordan2

Recognize these?

Got this in a box of Sunbeam Parts, don't recognize them as a Series V part. Anyone?
  8. Jimjordan2

Brake booster

Im not too familiar with these, Im running an after market booster. Can you tell me what I have here? I see no numbers or name on it, but haven't gotten past the dirt and grime. Is it worth messing with?
  9. Jimjordan2

Smiths Clock CE 3130/00 Negative Feed Line

SOLD SOLD SOLD I have decided to sell this clock, I was going to convert it, but then decided not to, then decided to install it just for looks, then decided not to. So, here it is, I think it's a fair offer. Please see the photos. I'm selling as a non-working clock, as right now; it's not...
  10. Jimjordan2

Hasting Rings Two sets. 020 and 060

Two sets of Hasting Rings, new in the box from Sunbeam Specialties. 020 Ring Set. $35.00. 060 Ring Set. $20.00. You pay $5.00 shipping each. Why so cheap for the 060? One damaged oil scraper retainer ring. See photo. Good for maybe someone with a 060 and just needs compression rings or...
  11. Jimjordan2

SS Headers Series III-V NEW

Stainless Steel Headers, will fit series III-V. These came from Sunbeam Specialties many years ago. Never installed, still in the box. Includes Y collector. These would cost you $405 plus shipping, $40 if ordered today. With some elbow grease, or the proper tools, they clean up real nice. I did...
  12. Jimjordan2

Transmission questions?

I recently test drove a Sunbeam Friends project that he's coming up on completing. When I asked him about the transmission, he said he took it apart and reassembled it. The problem; To shift into first gear, I had to forcefully pull it over to put it in gear. (Like you would normally push over...
  13. Jimjordan2

1725 oil pan needed

OK, looks like I need an oil pan for this new engine rebuild. The baffle on this one is all broken and cracked, plus a really ugly welded in drain plug. 1967 Series V. Let me know what you have. Thanks, Jim.
  14. Jimjordan2

Trim Rings wanted.

Looking for 1 or 2 nice trim rings for my 67 Series V. Not looking for junque, but not looking for NOS either. Just something nice. Looking for one to put on my spare tire for a more finished look. Not looking for the slanted grooves, straight ones. Thanks for looking. Jim
  15. Jimjordan2

1725 Series V Head.

I'm starting a new rebuild on an engine for the Sunbeam. I'm bound and determined to build one of these that won't stake it's claim on my driveway. Yes, I could pull the engine that's running right now, but then going at my pace, it may be many months before I have a driving car again. This way...
  16. Jimjordan2

Central Coast British Car Club Show

The Central Coast British Car Club is having their 29th Annual Car Show coming up on July 14th. The hours are 9-2:30, 3600 Harbor Blvd, Oxnard Ca. This has always been a fun show, and always has many fine British automobiles. There are quite a few Alpines and Tigers that I know are going to be...
  17. Jimjordan2

Oil Cooler repair

Since I already had my radiator out to do a water pump repair, I decided to take care of a bothersome oil cooler leak. One less leak ya know? Anyway, earlier I had wrenched it Realllly Tight, and to loosen it, it was Realllly Tight. To the tune of a Rubber Mallet Assist. That may have been a...
  18. Jimjordan2

Lower ball joint boots.

Ordered a pair of lower ball joint boots off eBay from a fella in Wisconsin. Not only did they arrive days before promised, they fit very well. I have to admit that they are a tiny bit larger than the ones that were on the ball joints, but they fit pretty snug, and once the wire went on they are...
  19. Jimjordan2

Rear suspension thoughts

Went for a nice solo ride this afternoon here in So. California. From my home in Newbury Park I took Potrero Rd to Westlake, then took the 23 to Decker Rd down to Malibu and then North on PCH to Channel Islands and brought the 101 back home. Lots and lots of twists and turns for many miles...
  20. Jimjordan2

Hoo Boy Oil Leak.

Hoo Boy, went to play with the Big Boys this weekend at Auto Club Speedway. Took the son-in-laws Raybestos Car to run. And was able to park it in the "Big Boys" garage. And as leaving for the night looked back and saw this; Well, today cleaning up the car after the drive and dirt and the...