• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. thill35803

Smooth Line Top

I am going to withdraw this ad. I decided to attempt a fitting to the car today based on Bill's response above and its going to take more that just the spreader bar to make this fit. I am going to withdraw the ad and plot my next move. Sorry for the mistake.
  2. thill35803

Smooth Line Top

UPDATE TO THREAD 2/17/2024 Withdrawn from Sale due to fitment issues noted below. Hi Folks, Shortly after the turn of the century, I purchased a Smooth Line Standard Hardtop. I opted for the black interior which features a black carpet like material as a glued in headliner. After nearly...
  3. thill35803

TJ Higgins

Sad news fellow Sunbeamers, TJ Higgins passed away on Saturday June 11. TJ organized and maintained many Sunbeam web resources back in the early days of the internet. In addition, I had the pleasure of working with TJ on the 2002 Sunbeams of the South Spring Thing in Huntsville Alabama...
  4. thill35803

Soft Top and Hard Top Alignment

I did not. However the referenced document appears to be from the SI. I think the trim pieces are different. I am still working on this and hope to have a better update soon.
  5. thill35803

Thanks Rick. From the diagram its a little difficult for me to grasp which points are to be measured from. Is the "stud on the inside top corner of the windshield pillar" position A or B? Which position is "hole in the pivot bracket"? (C being the screw and D being the opening for the...
  6. thill35803

Awesome Tim! This will help a lot. The left side arm was mangled.
  7. thill35803

I do have the screen adjuster nuts. I had to remove one of them to get the windshield frame to line up with the quarter windows. How much "rake" adjustment is available for the quarter windows? I fooled with them a good bit and didn't seem to get much adjustment.
  8. thill35803

Hi Folks, I've searched the forum and found a few bits and pieces but there isn't a thread about the whole process of hard top and soft top alignment. I am going to attempt this partly as a motivational tool. I have some time over the next couple of weeks and hope to get finished. Background...
  9. Passenger Front

Passenger Front

10. Passenger Rear Upper

Passenger Rear Upper

11. Passenger Rear Lower

Passenger Rear Lower

12. Drivers Rear Upper

Drivers Rear Upper

13. Drivers Rear Lower

Drivers Rear Lower

14. Drivers Side

Drivers Side

15. thill35803

Alternate Alternator

I did not add it. There was one both the larger alternators, the one I replaced and the new one. There was not a condenser on the smaller alternator. I have two theories. Number One - The higher the output of an alternator, the more electrical noise it makes and the noise gets bad enough to...
  16. thill35803

Alternate Alternator

The condenser is there for noise suppression. The alternator I replaced had one as well. The smaller alternator doesn't have one.
  17. thill35803

Alternate Alternator

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share my alternator experience with the group. I have SV with a Holbay head and the stainless header from Sunbeam Specialties. I have an electric fan and an aftermarket radio. I replaced the stock alternator long ago with a Hitachi. Recently I noticed a 700 milliamp...
  18. AlternatorTop

AlternatorTop

19. Alternator34

Alternator34

20. AlternatorSideBySide

AlternatorSideBySide