• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Robbo

Steering wheel

Always looking for a serviceable steering wheel for SV.... Robbo melbertmisc@aol.com
  2. Robbo

Handbrake Button

Button or entire assembly if anyone has one for a SV. Thanks, RN
  3. Robbo

Carpet Kit

Looking for recommendations for carpet kits - for those who have ordered - where have you found the best quality and fitting kit? Sunbeam Specialties, VB, other? Thanks all for your input and reviews. Robbo
  4. Robbo

Green 67 Alpine

Has anyone seen this one before? It looks almost exactly the same as an Alpine I was looking at in Salt Lake City, Utah about 3 weeks ago...
  5. Robbo

Wilwood Master Cylinder

I'm looking to install a new Wilwood clutch master. I'm sure some of this has been covered, but I have a series of questions that would help for learning from other's install: 1) what distance did you thread the clevis on the pushrod? 2) did you use spacers? If so, what approximate...
  6. Robbo

Leaf Spring Locating Pin (Centering Peg)

Anyone have an idea where to find a locating pin for our Alpines? Most current stock pins (peg, bolt) have a 1/2" head. I think ours are 3/8" and not sure where to find them. Do other cars have similar head size? Where would I find one. Also, if they are longer in length too it would be...
  7. Robbo

Slotted Trim Rings

For a SIV-V Alpine stock steel wheel. They are made of aluminum. Only need one but will buy a set if available. - thanks Robbo
  8. Robbo

Why would you? Speechless.

If I were to spend this kind of time and dough, you'd see something very, very different. I was speechless when I saw. To each their own I guess. http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/14384199
  9. Robbo

Brake Caliper tapping

So, I've developed a constant tapping of the brake shoes against the caliper while I'm driving. It's interesting because the pads are fairly new, they are not complicated and they all function properly to stop the vehicle. Anyone have experience with this? Almost like either the driver's...
  10. Robbo

Clutch master rebuild

Can someone remind me the direction of the rubber "cup" that goes inside the master? Does the open end face out (toward the pedal) or in (toward the engine bay). Thanks i could use the reminder.
  11. Robbo

No electricity

So after weeks of enjoyable driving, I decided to replace my clutch line that was crimped a little. When replacing it from below, I hit some electric feed and sparked up pretty good. Sadly, I don't know what the new clutch line came in contact with, but now when I turn my ignition key, I...
  12. Robbo

Tonneau question

So, I'm replacing my worn and cracked tonneau cover. I have looked at a vinyl cover by Robbins that is nice but the one I currently have has plastic running along the front portion under the windscreen to behind the A post window on the door. This one is crush grain vinyl and does not have...
  13. Robbo

The spirit of the Alpine Owners

I wanted to share a story that I'm sure is very common amongst everyone on this forum, but worth sharing anyway. Over the course of the last year and a half of owning my SV I have had some tremendous experiences with the help from others on this site and local owners. Just recently, I was...
  14. Robbo

Squeaky Clutch

So I just rebuilt the master cylinder and replaced the slave cylinder. I benched bled and then installed and subsequently bled again. It operates really well. However, when I'm depressing the clutch pedal, it (the master) squeaks. I'm uncertain if this is because its new and needs to wear...
  15. Robbo

Heater Switch Bezel

Looking for a heater switch bezel in good shape with legible labeling HOT WARM COLD OFF CAR SCREEN. Thanks, Robbo
  16. Robbo

Clutch Slave Mounting for SV

I have a SV and have replaced the slave and rebuilt the master. I've read a number of posts on the mounting for the slave and which side it fits against the bell housing. I am concerned now that I've been driving around with it on the incorrect side. I've attached a picture below...
  17. Robbo

Clutch Master Cylinder

So, I removed the clutch hydraulic components this morning to inspect them as I've been getting some grinding in 1st and reverse. I initially suspected the syncros were getting worn (if not already worn), but one thing at a time first. I replaced the slave cylinder, but the master looks in...
  18. Robbo

MPH:RPM...tach thoughts?

I am going to start to adjust the stock tach this winter - following TomH's consultation of course :), but want to get your thoughts on what typical speed is reached at various rpm stages in 4th gear. I've been searching for a thread I recalled seeing on it in for non-overdrive SV's, but can't...
  19. Robbo

Aftermkt rear shocks?

Anyone have a make/model reccomendation or best to order from ss/vb? Days off are good to hit that project.
  20. Robbo

Opinions/reviews of carpet kits?

Looking todo the carpet kit over the winter. Any review or opinion on the kit from victoria british?