• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. DanR

Asheville In the Mountains Sept 21, 2024

https://www.bccwnc.org/autumn-in-the-mountains-car-show/
  2. DanR

When are the events for the next few months (2024) ?

HELP ! When is the Greenville British Car Show? Any others this Summer?
  3. DanR

What Data is available for Frame Straightening?

I am looking for some data for the Sunbeam Alpine (SV) for straightening the right rear frame. I am in possession of Bill Blues Orange SV Alpine. He was hit from the right rear just behind the wheel. Damage was IMO slight. With the Alpine on a level, flat surface, measuring from the bumper...
  4. DanR

Coloured Wiring Chart for SC Alpine

I had a very nice coloured wiring chart for years, it has now gotten smart and hides frequently..... One of these days I will find it again, then..... Anyone have a colored chard of the wiring available? If you do, can you send me a copy? Or better yety POST it here....
  5. DanR

Turn signal assembly for SV

Can't find instructions on assembly for my SV turn signal. Replacing broken piece and now can't figure where a couple small pieces go... Help will be greatly appreciated
  6. DanR

2.8 V6 Mutt II Bellhousings

Anyone have or know where to get 2.8 V6 Bellhousings? I can use a couple, DanR
  7. DanR

Jose Headers Modified to straightback by DanR

Here are a few PIC's of a set of the Jose headers I had hanging in the shop for a while. Finally figured a way to modify them to run straight back and not out the side behind the front wheels. They will be for sale when I finish the welding. $375.00 (+shipping). See POST #6 and the...
  8. DanR

What Year, Model is this?

What year, model is this engine? From the block, left side near front, just below head, +MB56977 and from front of engine, timing cover, or water pump housing, 72TM6059AA 17510.
  9. DanR

Three point seat belt for Alpine

I am trying to find info on the installation of a three point seat belt for an Alpine. Thought there was a Bulletin on it but can't find it. Help!!
  10. DanR

What is it?

Any one have a clue as to what this is and what it fits??
  11. DanR

1965 late Series IV Oddities with Windshield Frame and Body

Here are a couple PIC's of my frame for my Late Series IV Alpine sitting on the body where I left the frame propped up to show the "single stud" of each side, unlike my Early Series SIV which has two studs on each side just like "all" of my SV Alpines. The Body has two holes for each side...
  12. DanR

WANTED: 2.8 V6 FORD (Cologne) Engine - for Canada friend

A friend, Dale, Lives in Calagry, Alberta, Canada and wants an engine, a 2.8 V6 FORD preferably 1974 - 1978 (with manual flywheel and bellhousing). Hope someone can help. Just consider the shipping cost from you to him....just make an offer and let him decide. BCuster has one located in...
  13. DanR

Any body know anything about: Megajolt/E

I made a search on the 4.0 OHV V6 that perked my interest. FORD 4.0 OHV V6 modified intake Found an article about Megajolt/E. Anyone have any knowledge on this system?
  14. DanR

Alpine/Tiger "X" Frame Replacement Panels

Here are a few PIC's of my new panels I have just received from my Draftsman/Engineer/Laser Buddy . They made me two of each for the Driver's side (left hand) for test fitting. The ones for the Passenger side (right hand) will be ready this week coming. In the 1st PIC I have two of the panels...
  15. DanR

Series III, SIV & SV Radiator

I have a nice "used" all copper radiator four tubes, 15 -16 FPI recently removed from a SV Alpine for sale $150 + shipping from Greenwood, SC. Some of the fins have been rubbed from handling but are OK. A little attention straightening the fins will mke the radiator like new. I believe my...
  16. DanR

Stock Tiger Radiator in bad condition Wanted

I am planning to experiment with a Tiger Radiator. I believe I have hit on a cooling solution for the Tiger. I have a new re-cored all copper radiator for a Tiger but do not want to damage it. If you or anyone you know has a used one in bad shape please let me know. The radiator I have is...
  17. DanR

OBTAINING replacement parts from UK

I have attempted to purchase replacement part for some hard tops (LATE SERIES) I have from a source in the UK. Radford Panels fabricates and sells these parts but states they no longer ship outside the UK. The pieces I need are: SA 87 SA 88 HARD TOP SIDE RAIL WINDOW REPAIR SA 89 SA 90...
  18. DanR

WEBER 45DOCE - what application if any to a 1725

I have a Webber 45DOCE pictured below and wonder if they would work on my 1725 ? Any comments, suggestions, recommendations are welcome..... I know absolutely nothing about a Webber.
  19. DanR

Front Frame Rail Piece - Bumper and Jack location

The pictures included here are of a piece of the frame that often time rust and become weak to the point of being dangerous if the need arrives to lift the Sunbeam utilizing the factory jack. Pictured is the Left side which is an exact mirror image of the Right side. Several Alpines and Tigers...
  20. DanR

Hangar Mount/Bracket for Alpine Steering Column

In the PIC's below you can see a small half circle (spacer). Anyone ever see this little "spacer" ion their mount bracket ? I found this in my pile of Alpine parts with the spacer. I did not know I had it or do not remember from whence it came. Believe it was from the SIV GT. Wjile...