• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bobbo

Parrish top seals

have just acquired a Parrish top for my SV, and looking forward to refinishing it and using it to extend the season. Any leads or suggestions for the side window seals and windshield seal would be very much appreciated. Thanks Bob
  2. bobbo

Door hinge renew

For my series V, driver's side. The upper door hinge is sloppy to the point that the door drops about 3/8 inch at the b post. Causing the door paint and b post paint to chip off. I'm looking for info on rebuilding hinges as I can only think this must be an issue with many of our cars. Thanks Bob
  3. bobbo

Front caliper issue

Installing new flex lines for the front calipers on my SV. Had the calipers off to clean and check over. All seems good except the right caliper wont relax enough to allow free rotation of the wheel. No fluid in the system now so no hydraulic pressure. Very hard to get the pistons back far...
  4. bobbo

Front end Alignment

With my front calipers off for checking and clean-up I decided to a little checking on the front toe-in toe-out situation. Have noticed the right wheel seemed to have excessive toe -out when steering is in a straight forward position. C clamped 2 angle iron pieces 32 inches long, one to each...
  5. bobbo

Brakes

Opened up my rear drum brakes today. They don’t appear the same as the WSM shows on pages K1 12 and 13. Looking for the manual adjustment wheel. Shoes look fine, but need to get them moved out closer to the drum.
  6. bobbo

Top stowage series v

Needing help in placing the “drape” that holds the top when lowered. Also the two straps that seem to be for support of the lowered top. I’m thinking the heavy bead on the “drape” gets tucked into the track right below the bow that keeps the rear of the top in place, but at a loss as to where...
  7. bobbo

Carpeting.

One of my winter projects for the SV, is to install new carpeting throughout. As cost can be a project stopper I've chosen to cut and fit my own carpeting as I already have a roll of short plush black carpet to use. Getting binding done seems to be an issue with any carpet suppliers, less you...
  8. bobbo

Door Closing Pads

Can someone send a picture of where the door closing pad is located. Have them but not sure of location. Thinking it's just below the door post cap and attached to one of the screws there. Thanks, Bob
  9. bobbo

Oil Line

During the course of rewiring and replacing the dash, the oil line feeding the oil gage has been removed from both the gage and the engine connection. Hence the oil line is without any oil in it. Do I need to bleed this line ( fill with oil ) prior to reconnecting to the oil gage? Bob
  10. bobbo

Steering Wheel nut

Have lost the steering wheel nut from my SV. Can anyone advise the specs., or where I might find one. Thanks Bob
  11. bobbo

SV lower seat foam

Looking for 2 lower seat foams ( Molded ) to fit series V Alpine. Can be used but in good condition. Preferably from Canada so as to save on shipping. Please let me know what you have. Thanks Bob
  12. bobbo

Steering wheel wont budge

trying to get the steering wheel off my SV. Removed all I should have to as shown in the pic. Penetrating fluid applied, but it is holding on firm. I don't really want to attempt a puller as the wheel's hub seems fragile. Suggestions welcome. Thanks Bob
  13. bobbo

Blower switch wiring

having trouble locating the blower switch on the Alpine wiring diagram. Page 55 section N of my WSM. Any direction will be much appreciated. Have a green wire coming off the switch that has been snipped and can't trace it's origin. I'm thinking green would be the power to the switch, but you...
  14. bobbo

Laugh for the day

Just came across this in my computer's picture file, while purging some old stuff. Had to pass it on. Bob
  15. bobbo

door skin sound deadening

Pulled my door panels off today in order to replace with new vinyl. Found the asphalt impregnated sound deadening material that should be attached to the door skin had fallen away and had crumpled at the bottom of the door cavity. What are you using as a replacement material ? Bob
  16. bobbo

by-pass amp gage

Looking for info on by-passing my amp gage ( taking it out of the circuit ). Seems it has failed when re-installing my dash. So no power to the ignition switch. I'll install a volt meter in its place. Help much appreciated. Bob
  17. bobbo

Heater control bezel wrap

Have a number of vinyl wraps for the heater control bezel. Had a local sign company make some up, as a number of them was no more expensive than just doing one for my needs. Can ship anywhere in Canada or U.S. Will send out 2 in in cardboard lined envelope for $15 mailing included. Will need...
  18. bobbo

Dashboard install

Have come to the point where I'm ready to install my dash. Need some suggestions as to what can be mounted in the dash prior to installation and what has to be installed after the dash is in. been a while since I removed the old dash so I have forgotten the ins and outs. I suspect most...
  19. bobbo

fan / heater control lettering

Finishing off my new wood dash and wanting to refresh the fan / heater control panel. looking for ideas or sources for the white lettering used on the controls cover. cold warm hot / off car screen. SV thanks, Bob
  20. bobbo

Tiger in western Ontario

Noticed this 66 Tiger for sale on kijiji. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/stratford-on/1966-sunbeam-tiger-mk-1a-stoa-certified/1586878389 Think of the discount for U.S. buyers. Bobbo