• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. L

Alpine with Miata 1.6L Engine/Trans

Yeah.... I might have failed to note that all down. It was really more of a science experiment to see if I could make the engine run on the harness I stripped out of the Miata. The Alpines have such a basic harness it's laughable, only 3 connections had to be made. When stripping down the...
  2. L

Jay, I would actually venture to say that the wiring was the hardest part of the entire conversion. I had a donor car that I stripped the harness out of to start. After that, I labeled everything that I wanted to remove and stripped those wires out of the car... Headlights, Turn Signals...
  3. L

My apologies to all who have posted questions lately. I had my email notifications directed to a seldom used account, so I had figured that interested in this conversion had died in November and other hotter topics had taken off. I'm working on uploading the 350+mb of photos to a photo-sharing...
  4. L

I know Jackson Racing makes the supercharger kit which IIRC boosts HP to about 250. That would make a very affordable little conversion for these cars. The rear end in the car is needing to be rebuilt so finding a 4.22 gearset would be great! I seem to recall seeing that gearset listed in...
  5. L

I know Miata engines are bulletproof little setups and at 115bhp /100lbft stock it's a nice replacement for a from a Stock Apline power-plant. I know that there are LOTS of options to up the HP up above the 250 range. I think the Supercharger would still fit very nicely, but that may be reason...
  6. L

Thank you for the kind words. The only modifications to the Alpine were for the radiator, which had to be moved forward, and the motor mounts. I also had to cut the tunnel for the Miata shifter . The stock transmission crossmember just has an adapter plate welded to it and actually uses the...
  7. L

I just wanted to share a conversion that I did. This is a 1967 Alpine with a 1992 Mazda Miata 1.6L 4-cylinder and 5 Speed manual transmission. I used the wiring harness/computer from the donor Miata so everything was plug and play. Had to have a Radiator fabricated, and modified the exhaust...
  8. L

Mazda Engine Swap

It looks like i'll have room to put the airflow sensor (Stock) on the drivers side above the exhaust. I'm trying to re-use as much of the miata as I can since i'm using the Miata computer and wiring harness. I won't be able to use the stock airbox, I don't think but i'll have to use a cone...
  9. L

Mazda Engine Swap

I'll have to check my camera. I may. I used the stock rubber motor mounts from a Miata for my mounting. I cut the mounts off the front end of the alpine completly and used 3/8" plate (about 10" long) extending back towards the firewall. I cut holes in it so the stock mounts would drop in just...
  10. L

Mazda Engine Swap

Not as far along as I'd like! I've got the engine mounted and the exhaust header to a point where I could start the engine. I've got most of the Miata wiring harness thinned down to a point where I could hook it up and see what happens. The cooling system is my major hangup, as I don't want...
  11. L

Mazda Engine Swap

Looking good! I'm doing the same conversion right now to a 67 Alpine. What was did you do for the radiator on the Alpine? The inlet/outlet are on the opposite sides from the Miata engine?