• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

Pinion oil seal replacement

I have a 67 SV. There is a very slight leak from the oil seal in the forward side of the differential housing. I removed the drive shaft and am having a hard time getting the nut off inside the flange. It seems to have collar or cover over it. The wings of the collar are bent into the...
  2. H

Removing windshield trim

Hi all. I have a 1967 SV and need to replace the gasket around the windshield. It is extremely hard and brittle. I got a replacement gasket from SS, but don't know how to remove the stainless trim. In searching the forum I've found lots of info on installing the window, but didn't see...
  3. H

SV parts

Hi all, I have a 1967 SV and am looking for the following parts: 1. Push rod/yoke for brake master cylinder 2. Turn signal arm/assembly which attaches to the steering column 3. Bracket to attach heater control valve to engine compartment brace 4. Clip for choke control cable for...
  4. H

Vapor lock signs?

I have a '67 Alpine with a Weber 32/36 and a pertronics ignition. If I drive until it gets hot and stop for 10-20 minutes, shortly after start up and within a 1/4 mile or so it seems to want to die, as if it's not getting fuel. But if I just keep going it will come out of it and drive along...
  5. H

Excessive Carbon in Exhaust

Hello Alpine gurus, I seem to have a lot of carbon in the exhaust of my '67 Alpine. I have installed a Weber 32/36 and a Pertronix ignition. Because my coil was getting very hot, I put on a .8 ohm ballast resistor even though it is an internally resisted coil. (That seemed to help with the...
  6. H

Penrite Steering box lube

Hi all, I want to replace the oil in my steering box with Penrite sbl00045, but can't find a source in the US. Anyone have a line on a good source? Thanks. Henry
  7. H

Hot coil

I have a SV, and am having a problem with my coil getting hot. I know it should be warm, but mine gets really hot. I have just recently gotten the car running, and have already fried one coil. I put in an electronic ignition, but was having that problem even with the points distributor. I...
  8. H

1967 Upper Grille Moulding

I have a 1967 SV and need a nice chrome upper (eyebrow) grille moulding piece. Thanks. Henry K
  9. H

Oil Pressure Gauge

I have a 1967 SV. The oil pressure gauge does not work. I would appreciate any advice on addressing this problem. Is there a way to determine whether the problem is in the line or in the gauge before removing the gauge? I haven't yet removed the gauge, but when I do, how would I clean and...
  10. H

Pertronics Distributor static timing

To all Sunbeam Gurus: I had installed a Weber 32/36 DGV carb on my '67 SV and am now going to convert the points distributor to electronic based on my research on this forum. I purchased a complete Pertronics distributor unit (distributor and electronic parts already assembled) from Rick at...
  11. H

Engine drain line for SV

I have a 1967 SV, 1725 and need an engine drain line. Thanks. Henry
  12. H

SV Electrical Issues

Okay, at the outset I will admit that I am electrically-challenged. I have a ’67 Alpine SV with a number of electrical issues, some of which I’ve solved and some I have not. The PO did some interesting re-wiring and I’m working through those issues. However, I have 2 for which I’m...
  13. H

Clutch pedal stop

I have a 1967 SV. I am planning on replacing the clutch master cylinder. I have researched this forum and concluded that a Wilwood 260-2636 would be a good choice. However, I saw several posts that suggested that a stop for the clutch pedal is advisable to prevent damage to the pressure plate...
  14. H

Carpet source for SV

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get carpet for my 1967 SV. I've spoken to the folks at Chester and Herod and looked at Rick's catalog regarding carpet kits. Does anyone have any advice as to which would be a better choice (or whether there is an even better source than those two options)...
  15. H

Static timing problem re distributor

Just finished re-assembly of my 1967 SV engine. I set the static timing at about 8 deg BTC. However, the distributor is skewed so far to the right that the vacuum advance line won't reach. Car started okay, but this is clearly not correct. I haven't driven it yet (still on jack stands and...
  16. H

1725 Dipstick and choke cable

I am in need of a dipstick and choke cable for my 1967 SV 1725. Thanks Henry K
  17. H

SV hand crank and 6 bladed fan

Hi all, I.m looking for an engine hand crank and a 6 bladed fan for my 1967 SV. I had previously bought a crank through this forum, but it is too short. Therefore, I would request the measurements of one that may be for sale. Thanks. Henry
  18. H

SV Weber conversion

Hi all, I bought a 1967 SV basket case and am in the process of restoring it. Engine is almost completed. I'm concerned about the carbs. They look fine and I bought and installed new diaphragms in them. However, I've searched the threads regarding conversion to a Weber and think I'll go...
  19. H

1967 SV starter pinion cover

Hi, I am in need of a starter pinion cover for a 1967 Alpine. It covers the bendix pinion and spring where they protrude through the bell housing. The cover is held on by a wire clip. Thanks, Henry K
  20. H

SV parts

Hi everyone, I have a 1967 SV and need 2 parts (photos attached): exhaust manifold clamp and a bell housing cover plate. Any help in locating these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Henry