• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

Pinion oil seal replacement

Thank you, Jan. I only intend to remove the pinion nut, replace the oil seal and put it all back together. I don't intend to get into the diff itself. Am I okay or is there some additional precaution I should be taking? Henry
  2. H

My socket does fit over the collar. I've put a good bit of pressure on it and it didn't break the nut loose. Never having seen one of those collars before, I wanted to make sure I was going about this the right way. I didn't know if there was a specific way to deal with the collar...
  3. H

I have a 67 SV. There is a very slight leak from the oil seal in the forward side of the differential housing. I removed the drive shaft and am having a hard time getting the nut off inside the flange. It seems to have collar or cover over it. The wings of the collar are bent into the...
  4. H

Removing windshield trim

Thank you. I appreciate the information. I'm going to try it without removing the frame. (I've had it off twice already: once to replace the seal under it and again recently when I replaced the dash. I'd prefer not to do that again.) Henry
  5. H

Removing windshield trim

Hi all. I have a 1967 SV and need to replace the gasket around the windshield. It is extremely hard and brittle. I got a replacement gasket from SS, but don't know how to remove the stainless trim. In searching the forum I've found lots of info on installing the window, but didn't see...
  6. H

SV parts

Hi all, I have a 1967 SV and am looking for the following parts: 1. Push rod/yoke for brake master cylinder 2. Turn signal arm/assembly which attaches to the steering column 3. Bracket to attach heater control valve to engine compartment brace 4. Clip for choke control cable for...
  7. H

Series V Parts

SV parts Hi. I'm interested in the radio and bracket, turn signal arm, driver side vent actuator arm, bracket for heater valve (connecting it to the engine compartment support piece), tonneau cover, trunk tool clips....wow, I guess I need a lot of stuff. Please let me know if you have those...
  8. H

Series II,IV,V Parts

Would you have a horn button/motif for a SV? Henry
  9. H

Vapor lock signs?

Jim, it is virtually impossible to insult my intelligence! Thanks for the cite and for your input. I did watch those videos. But, I still don't understand why I cooked 2 coils. They got very hot then quit functioning properly. They were both coils that did not require an external...
  10. H

Vapor lock signs?

Bill.... I DO see you as someone who knows what is going on. I read your posts all the time and learn a great deal from you. I think I'll by-pass the resistor now and see if the coil heats up again. Thanks for the suggestion. Henry
  11. H

Vapor lock signs?

Hi Ron. What I did after Moonracer's suggestion was to open the cap and run a small brad into the opening in the lower side iof the cap to see if it was obstructed. As I pushed in the nail, it seemed as if it were clear and I pressed against something inside (it felt like a spring mechanism)...
  12. H

Vapor lock signs?

Bill, I want to explore the ignition as a possible source of my problem. This is the 3rd coil I have put on the car. When I had the points ignition, the coil got so hot you couldn't touch it for long. That coil died. I put on a .8 ohm ballast resistor and still fried another coil. I...
  13. H

Vapor lock signs?

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I appreciate all of your help. Henry
  14. H

Vapor lock signs?

Thank you, Jim. Did the spacer do anything to improve performance? Henry
  15. H

Vapor lock signs?

Thank you, Peter. I will definitely do that. Any idea where I can get longer studs to accommodate the spacer? I got the manifold from Pearce manifolds but they don't seem to have any. Thanks. Henry
  16. H

Vapor lock signs?

Thank you. I'll check into mine. Henry
  17. H

Vapor lock signs?

Thank you, Moonracer. I will check my gas cap. It could well be plugged up. Not sure where to drill it, but I'll check into that. I routed the hoses to bypass the PC stuff since I didn't have a pc valve and I was changing out the intake manifold any way. Could that really be the problem? I...
  18. H

Vapor lock signs?

Thanks for the replies. I do not have a spacer under the Weber. I bought one (3/8 in) but didn't have the longer studs required for it and couldn't locate any on-line so I never put it on. I'll try looking again for the longer studs and put in the spacer. I had checked for vacuum leaks and...
  19. H

Vapor lock signs?

I have a '67 Alpine with a Weber 32/36 and a pertronics ignition. If I drive until it gets hot and stop for 10-20 minutes, shortly after start up and within a 1/4 mile or so it seems to want to die, as if it's not getting fuel. But if I just keep going it will come out of it and drive along...
  20. H

Excessive Carbon in Exhaust

Thank you for your help. The choke and air filter are okay. But, how do I determine if the fuel level is too high in the float chamber and whether the needle valve is leaking? I have a Weber 32/36. I did re-jet in accordance with some info I found in the archives. Thanks. Henry