• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. jfcroni

SV popping out of Third Gear

Doubt there's an easy answer for my 1966 SV popping third. Probably a syncro????
  2. jfcroni

Christmas Present for Alpine Owner

Anyone have any ideas for Xmas gifts for a Sunbeam Alpine owner? Already have coffee cups, round placard for garage art, and shirts...
  3. jfcroni

SV Jack and Tire Iron Mount

Could someone post a picture of how and where the jack and tire iron mount. I can't fine the holes for the mounts due to undercoat on the bottom and sound deadening in the trunk.
  4. jfcroni

Series V Transmission

If anyone has a series V transmission (full Synchro) I'd be interested. I'm in the Chicago area. Thanks!
  5. jfcroni

OD Transmission

My Series V has a non-synchro (1st gear) 4 speed. I'd like to upgrade to a full synchro with OD. Any ideas on this? Anyone have one?
  6. jfcroni

Clock for an Alpine

Is there a good aftermarket clock for the Alpine?
  7. jfcroni

Other Cars in the Stable

I restore these two cars too. My collection is a bit diverse. We did these two videos for fun. We'll be doing the Alpine in a couple weeks.
  8. jfcroni

Flame Trap

Does anyone know how freely air should move through the Alpine flame trap? I have one and I want to use it, but it feels restricted.
  9. jfcroni

SOLD - Four Tires, Wheels and Caps

If anyone is interested in a stock set of four tires and wheels, please let me know. These are in good shape - powder coated wheels with a red vinyl stripe in them (can be removed) and the tires that have 1200 miles on them. Hub caps and spokes are in good condition too... on spoke is missing.
  10. jfcroni

SV LH front floor section

SOLD - New but stored for 30 years LH floor panel Made in England. Lable says: 1 x P20 LH Floor Panel. Other sticker say: 11-546 K16 331367X 001-3398-5210. Panel has surface rust only. Nice heavy gauge. This is for a 1966 Sunbeam Alpine. $50. plush shipping.
  11. jfcroni

New Tires and Wheels Front Valance Work for Clearance?

Hi All - Has anyone added 15" wheels and new tires - and had to modify the front valance for clearance. If so, can you please comment and or post some pics?
  12. jfcroni

Want to Change SV Wheels

Currently I have the original 13" wheels on my SV and I'd like to explore 15" wheels. Is there a bolt-on set available that does not require lug replacements or backspacing?
  13. jfcroni

Reupholstered Console

Check out my newest project... I reupholstered the console and lined it with felt... it came out great.
  14. jfcroni

Trim/Beauty Wheel Rings

I just put these trim rings back on the car (after extensive cleaning). I kind of like them. Were they common at one time... I don't see them around much.
  15. jfcroni

Replacing Motor Mounts

I have new motor mounts from Rootes in NL. I went to replace them today and found it a challenge... I got the drivers side in easily, but the pass side is giving me fits. Any tips?
  16. jfcroni

Alpine SV Brake Pedal

I'm looking for an SV brake pedal. - Jim
  17. jfcroni

New Wizard Radiator Installed

Here's my nice clean engine compartment!
  18. jfcroni

Alpine 1966 Radiator

I have a good radiator for sale. I just went with an aluminum unit. The original is good and went to a radiator shop last year for checkout. I have a proper radiator box to ship it in. Figure $100 for the radiator plus shipping.
  19. jfcroni

Oil Pressure

I'm getting about 23 lbs of oil pressure at idle and 29 at 2000 rpm. I ave a 1966 Alpine. I have a pic of the Oil Pressure Relief Valve... which is steel. There are two small washer/spacers in the cap of the OPRV. I have o-rings on the rocker shaft... and all else is fairly new. Any ideas???
  20. jfcroni

Engine vibration

Greetings All - My 1966 Aline is running OK, but seems to have a lot of vibration. The motor mounts are new VB. Any obvious wisdom on this out there?