• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. kmathis

Jose was in town

Jose was in Temecula, Ca. today, so Rich and I drove down and had lunch with him. What a great time that was. That is Rich on the left, Me and Jose on the right. And of course the star of the show was the car...it wins out.;)
  2. kmathis

Modified Exhaust

So, with my V6 I had side exhaust that looped back and under the rear axle, which was fine because I could get my conversion done and didn't have to do the cutout in the frame just to get it going. However, when I installed the second motor, I modified the X frame and made my own cutouts for...
  3. kmathis

8 inch Ford for my V6 Alpine

Well, it's been a while since I have been on the forum here. Life happened,:eek: and you can't stop that, but now seems things have kind of returned to normal, so it is time to get back at it.:cool: I have the Alpine on the lift and that stock rear axle is going to join its ancestors in the...
  4. kmathis

Darksiders United - West Coast and beyond

Hey, all V6ers and "want to be" V6ers, and anybody else that wants to attend. ALL ARE WELCOME.:) My annual Darksider Meet, in my garage in Yorba Linda, will be taking place on: Sunday, April 27th 2014, at high noon...or a little earlier. Whether your car is running or not, there is...
  5. kmathis

Happy New Year to all.

Wishing a prosperous New Year to all!!:)...2014...Really? Wow.
  6. kmathis

Throttle Stuck on my V6

Bummer; I was racing a guy this afternoon, and after leaving him about 6 car lengths back, my throttle stuck...the return spring got caught up with the linkage...3/4 throttle, over revved, pegged the tach, probably 8 - 9 K revs for seemingly forever, but it was probably only 5 - 10 seconds by...
  7. kmathis

V6 Jose in Hospital

Hey, you guys; if you have been trying to get ahold of Jose, he has had a heart attack and is in the hospital. I exchanged a couple of notes with his niece tonight, and she said that he is ok, but still not sure of his condition. Should know soon. Thoughts and prayers for him.:) Thanks,
  8. kmathis

V6,Body, Paint, Interior, Finished Photos

Well, it has taken me a bit of time, but the interior is finally finished; except for a couple of things...A post seals, done but not installed yet; vent controls, ready to go in, but just haven't gotten to them yet. a few other minor items. It wouldn't be a project car if all of the projects...
  9. kmathis

Happy Thanksgiving--Everyone

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Holiday...it is the only day of the year when you can eat too much and know that you did the right thing.:)
  10. kmathis

Door handles/glass/track felts

So, I am at the final assembly of my car after a complete strip down to the metal; body work; prime; paint; re-wire...etc and I get down to the re-assembly of the door handles; glass tracks and window regulators, not to mention the fixed wind wing assembly. Four days later, I am finally...
  11. kmathis

New Wiring harness - Thanks Paul A

Hey everyone: I have just about completed my new harness install that Paul A, on this board (Pete's Wiring) and Rebel Wire put together for us Sunbeam owners. What a nice harness...it has probably taken me 24 man hours to install as i am a little slow; however the way this harness is layed...
  12. kmathis

Body work, Prime and Paint

Well, after over 6 months of body work, skim coats of body filler, sanding, primer, blocking, primer, blocking, primer, then wet sanding, it is finally time to go into the paint booth. Saturday morning, we see if all of this hard work pays off. I will post the results Saturday night or Sunday...
  13. kmathis

V6 Crankshaft Pulley bolts.

Well, I am ready to put my car into paint and when I was removing my radiator I noticed that the crank pulley on my V6 was wobbling - not a good thing. So, I pulled my pulley off the crank and found that the center piece, that keys onto the front of the crank shaft, is separate from the part...
  14. kmathis

V6Jose is in So Cal; Darksiders Unite

Attention all Darksiders in So Cal and beyond....actually all Sunbeamers are welcome.:D (Mine was a stocker before I yielded to the Darkside.) V6 Jose Rodriguez (The Master of the Darkside) is in So Cal and will be at my house on Sunday March 25, 2012 at 12 noon for a BBQ (Burgers, Hot Dogs...
  15. kmathis

V6 Conversion Speedometer Ratio Adapter

Hi, All: When I completed my V6 conversion I wanted to keep my stock speedometer, partly because of the cost of an electronic one and the converter required to make it work, but mostly because I like the stock look and I don't have to change the rest of the gauges to have them all match...
  16. kmathis

Eureka! V6 Conversion air intake....It fits!!!

Ok; so after I installed my new distributor,(Large Cap, Duraspark II) my long sought after K&N Air Filter didn't fit anymore, the dizzy was too high. So, I bought and tried a few more air filters with no luck; they all hit the hood in one place or another.:eek: A lot of return shipping...
  17. kmathis

V6 at Dyno Day

Well, my V6 wasn't quite ready for Dyno day but since it only comes by once a year, and for 40 bucks, I was there to give it a first run. First off it was a blast to be there with some of the Tiger guys, and their cars are as varied as the Alpines that I have seen, and a great bunch of guys...
  18. kmathis

V6 Alpines at Cars and Coffee in Irvine CA.

Hi, Guys: I took the V6 Conversion to Cars and Coffee this morning, met up with Rich Gordon and his V6 Conversion and also ran into Mike from CAT with his Tiger. Had a great time; Cars and Coffee is probably one of the best weekly venues you can go to; just a bunch of car people enjoying...
  19. kmathis

V6 Conversion update - First Fit.

Well, I did the tunnel modification last weekend, so today the engine went in for the first time; only glitch was the angle of the lower radiator hose connection, but I have already dropped that off at the radiator shop for altering. Now to weld on the mounts, re-rout the brake lines and...
  20. kmathis

1725 - 4 Cyl and 4 spd Trans. For Sale

I am selling my 1725 4 Cyl engine and 4 speed transmission. As I am getting ready to install my V6. It is a 1967. It is in the car and running should anyone like to see it, hear it or drive it, I have two clips below if that helps. It does not use any oil, compression is 150psi #1; 140psi...