• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Bill Tippy

2024 invasion registration

I'm looking for the 2024 invasion registration form. When I look under the events section, I only find the registration form for the British car show. Is there a separate form for the SAOCA Invasion? I know it's getting a little late to register. Unfortunately, my father n law is not well and...
  2. Bill Tippy

Turn signal / Horn / dash light issue

The problem started when I had no dash lights, and no turn signals. The horn worked like it should. Step 1, fix the turn signal, which hasn't worked for as long as I can remember. I took apart the steering column, etc, and replaced the plastic piece that holds the turn signal lever. I was...
  3. Bill Tippy

Seatbelts with Miata MX5 seats

I purchased a nice pair of 1999 Miata MX5 seats and will be installing them soon. These seats have the integrated seat belt receiver. What have others done for seat belts with these seats?
  4. Bill Tippy

Interior Rear View Mirror Alternatives

I realize that the interior rear view mirror is hard to come by. Is there a mirror, readily available, that is used by other cars, that match the mounting hole pattern of an SV? Or can be modified to fit? It doesn't have to look exactly like the original, but will look good. Has anyone used...
  5. Bill Tippy

Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise Aug 19, 2023

Anyone planning on driving their Alpine/Tiger to the Woodward Dream Cruise today, Aug 19? I'm planning on being there around noon. I haven't been to this cruise in years. Is there a Sunbeam, or British car gathering place?
  6. Bill Tippy

Contacting Rick at Sunbeam Specialties

Has anyone been in touch with Rick, at Sunbeam Specialties, lately? Rick and I had been emailing back and forth about an order, but then he just stopped replying. It's been over a week. Calling his phone goes immediately to a busy signal. The number I have is 408-371-1642. Anyone have any...
  7. Bill Tippy

TEAE United 39 Oakville

I'll be attending my first ever Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger/British Car event, going to the TEAE 39 in Oakville. I'm hoping to have my car road ready by then so I can drive it there. I searched this site but didn't see anything about a SAOCA get together or who is planning to attend. Who's going...
  8. Bill Tippy

Insurance during storage/restoration

Greetings everyone, I searched the forums but didn't find an answer. When restoring, storing, or not driving the car for say, six months or more, what do you do about insurance? And the vehicle is parked my attached garage. Do you discontinue the auto insurance? Does the homeowners insurance...
  9. Bill Tippy

Not getting email notifications

I just realized I'm but getting an email notification when a new thread is posted, or updated. I checked my profile and everything looks correct. It lists my primary email I use every day. I checked my spam box. The correct boxes are checked to receive emails. Can someone check this out? Thanks.
  10. Bill Tippy

'65 S-IV for sale near Detroit

Not my car. Found on Facebook Marketplace. Just sharing for those interested.
  11. Bill Tippy

Plug wire order on the distributor

My SV is drivable, but running a little rough. A while back i had a local shop install the Pertronix electronic ignition kit. It ran a little rough, even then. I thought it was a carb issue. Then the car sat for a couple years. I've recently installed the Weber carb conversion. It started...
  12. Bill Tippy

Wanted, series V inside rear view mirror.

Wanted, series V inside rear view mirror.
  13. Bill Tippy

Radio and speaker grill - any connection to Alpines or Rootes?

A while ago I purchased a box of Alpine parts. This underdash radio/speaker grill was included. It was carefully wrapped and labeled Alpine? speaker grille Was this an option for the Alpine? I searched this site but didn't find anything. Photos from most of the previous discussions were no...
  14. Bill Tippy

Broken Links

Here are a couple of broken links. It doesn't appear to be related to being logged in. I'm clearly logged in. Clicking either of the two circled links results in an error.
  15. Bill Tippy

Sunbeam Alpine print ads and magazine articles?

Is there an area on this site that contains images of Sunbeam related print ads and magazine articles? I have been collecting screenshots of ads and have some magazines I can scan and upload. I've also collected images of Alpine related toys and other interesting things. If there's not...
  16. Bill Tippy

What the heck is this?

This may, or may not, be Alpine related. I suppose it depends on what it is. I picked up a couple of boxes of tools, cheap, at a garage sale years ago. It included a timing light, compression and vacuum testers, and misc other stuff. But this thing has me confused. It may just be part of...
  17. Bill Tippy

Door card/panel clips

Has anyone used clips to attach door cards, rather than the standard Alpine clips and receivers (or whatever they are called) I can see how some may stick out too far and wouldn't look good.
  18. Bill Tippy

Weber Conversion vacuum

Hello Alpine Genius's I've still got a lot to learn, so I'm learning by doing, and making mistakes as I go. I have the Weber carb installed. The intake manifold has 2 vacuum ports. One I plugged and the other I have a hose running to the distributor. I just noticed there's another port on...
  19. Bill Tippy

Series V different doors

I was looking at the inside of the doors on my SV. On the passenger side there are 3 weld nuts (as my wife, the engineer, called them). They don't exist on the driver side and there's no evidence they ever existed. What's up with that? Maybe one of the doors has been replaced? I couldn't find...
  20. Bill Tippy

Crash pad finishers

I inadvertently installed my dash crash pad without putting the finishers on first. Parts CCA170-171 -172 So I'll be taking it off and doing it correctly. Just curious what are these finishers for?