• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Singer Vogue Estate Project

Update: Merkur rear end acquired. I am now lining everything up to get the pinion mounted before I go back to looking at engine and trans location.
  2. B

Yes, I was thinking of doing a custom front subframe. Rather than Muzzy II, I prefer the idea of using Merkur running gear. The Muzzy II was always a terrible car with terrible handling, I don't see any reason to transfer the terribleness to the Singer! I have also been looking at E36 BMW's...
  3. B

Hi All, Just thought I'd drop a thread about the project I have been planning for a while and finally got round to starting. To be honest I haven't really thought through all the issues yet I will be taking a bit more of a linear engineering approach, but the basic goal is as follows...
  4. B

Holbay camshaft

What rpm does this occur at? Never seen a 140hp version, that would seem like a more reasonable increase from 88hp. I have presumably only ever played with the 108hp version and it barely seemed worth the effort to swap it in. Ended up doing to a total engine swap for a modern unit making...
  5. B

Holbay camshaft

Isn't that more or less what I said?
  6. B

Holbay camshaft

I could make your engine rumble and shake in about 2 mins with a couple of simple screwdriver adjustments of the carb, still doesn't make it a Holbay! From experience, I have found the Holbay to be of limited performance use, more of a marketing exercise. The Holbay engines only made...
  7. B

Humber Estate Wagon 1959

Looks like a Super Snipe to me, but I do get mixed up with my old Humber models.
  8. B

Nissan in Alpine

Lovely work! I happen to be doing something similar with my MkIV Vogue. I am using the KA24E motor (because I am a cheapskate). I have a few key questions; How do you fit the steering link around the bellhousing? Where do you put the remote servo? (infact did you even keep the old...
  9. B

Lanchester

Another Coventry make gone forever.
  10. B

Performance Header

Just saw this. I am interested in putting headers on my MkIV Vogue. I have the Series V Alpine inlet/carbs/exhaust manifold currently on the engine so you might think it would be a simple change over to headers. But I'd like to see some clearance pics etc to make sure I can get it into my...
  11. B

Fun with Wheel Cylinders - Hillman Minx IIIC

I would suggest buying the cheap grease for this method, no point wasting the good stuff for freeing up pistons.
  12. B

V8 Humber whereabouts??

The museum most likely to have any info on this is the Coventry Transport Museum. Alot of the factory special info was donated to the museum by Chrysler when they bugged out of the UK and Peugeot wasn't interested in saving it. They have a Chrysler Centura there which they didn't know what it...
  13. B

holbay wagon!

I much prefer this shape Sceptre: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUMBER-SCEPTRE-Mk1_W0QQitemZ300237269641QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300237269641&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 Even the MkII was nicer.
  14. B

holbay wagon!

Oh good lord it's awful! Make it stop! The arrows series was the death knell for Rootes, and what a whimper to go out on. They started making these in 66 and they have very similar proportions to MkII Ford Cortina's. The 'Super Series' sedans finished in 65/66 but the MkIV Singer Vogue Estate...
  15. B

Where is everybody?

I am in Indy, any other guys round here? I drove past a TR6 the other day whilst in my Singer but the driver didn't acknowledge me (he must have realised the inferiority of his BMC device compared to the wonder that is the 'Super Series' - not to mention it being a cheapo LHD compared to my...
  16. B

Parting out Series V Alpine

I can take some pics of my alternator braket for you if you like? To be honest you could probably knock one up yourself, they are a little arcaic.
  17. B

Engine Building Manuals

The factory manuals for these cars is actually quite good. I rebuilt me 1725 with only the trusty 'Rootes Light Cars' manual for sustiance and it proved to be quite useful. This is assuming of course you already have the basic know how on building engines. If not then the book suggested will...
  18. B

Singer Vogue Estate

I was told by a SOC member there were 11 known to be left. I did take a look at this one as a potential spares car for mine but it was actually too good to cut up.
  19. B

Humber Vogue in UK

Errrr, This was the one I cut up. Ooops. I am not sure why the guy decided to brake it, I got tonnes of trim and all the front end panels. Although the floor and arches were rusty the trim was kept oiled and was in almost brand new condition. Best I have ever seen infact. Me and a friend...
  20. B

Parting out Series V Alpine

Where in the US are you and is the entire engine available (including carbs + accessories) ? (and how much). I suppose I should ask if the engine is in running condition as well? I am also in the market for brake parts, any ideas if the Alpine used the same parts as the Vogue (wheel...